farmer

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
How is my minor leaguers?
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
The biggest thing is making sure you're pipeline is running smoothly. As good as Bermudez is doing, he won't last forever. I suspect you will need a replacement 2B before Aparicio is ready to be promoted. You have two other guys who are SS/2B so you can cover the position, but you should still try to find someone who can slot in as a backup. Actually I wouldn't play Saez at SS at all, and Portillo is a little light on the defensive side. It might be worth identifying a good defensive SS who can be ready in a couple years.

The other position of concern would be 1B. Sanchez and Chung might still be a year away from promotion when you need a replacement. You might be ok, but I think you'll be cutting it close. The nice thing is 1B is easy to fill with just any old guy who as good fielding.

And as I mentioned before the pitching pipeline is a little tight as well. Although you are probably ok. Four of those guys should be ready in the next two years.

Other than that you're pipeline looks pretty healthy.
farmer

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm training Hasebe for ss but idk if he will be ready
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Well he is 24, so he will be ready whether he is ready or not.
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
He won't be "ready" in terms of being able to play the position at 25. You may get a small ss if you're lucky... but you also may not. Then he also lacks the fielding... so he would hurt you very badly at that position if you played him in League games.

If you run him hard at SS in Spring training next season, that might help him at least get small ss. After that, it's up to whether or not you can risk taking the defensive hit while he develops. Considering his offense is lacking as well, it may not be a great idea....

You could leave him in the minors another season and see if he keeps growing there, but if he looks like he's stagnating, it's majors or bust.

Updated Saturday, January 2 2016 @ 1:11:27 am PST
farmer

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Where do you see minor leaguer Rex Picco fitting in?
Pig_Cola

Glendale Marshals
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Picco can be a 2B or a DH.
farmer

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks. That's what I was thinking
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I'd train him up at 2B with 1B secondary if you have the time. 2B should be his best position though.

Previous Page | Show All |