Help

Forum >> Help >> Player question   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
dsz071

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
http://brokenbat.org/player/95396

This guy was on the major league roster when I joined the game about 7 weeks ago. I dropped him to the minors after advice from some of you vets. He has continually gained SI almost every training update, gaining a total of 11 since I started playing. However it appears that he spent two full seasons on the major roster earlier in his career. I pulled him up towards the end of September to give him some starts even though it says is overmatched at this level. In 4 starts since his call up here is his line. 4-0, 1.05 ERA, 25 2/3 IP, 21 H, 3 ER, 7 BB, 15 K. Did I mention he's only 22? My question is if I should keep him in the minors for another 2 seasons and chase every single point of SI possible or will he gain just as much SI and reach his potential anyway if I bring him up at the beginning of next season?

Updated Monday, November 2 2015 @ 8:06:02 am PST
PrivateSnowflake

Bloomington Thunder
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
You gain SI in one of two ways: minor league training and major league experience. Looking at his ML innings, his overall SI gains have most likely come from the major league experience side of things.

The earlier advice you got from other players looks right on. Saldana is likely close to maxed out his exp gains. By playing him in the minors, you can maximize what is left of his minor league training.

I wouldn't put too much faith in his numbers since his call-up, as you'd have to look deeper into the numbers to see what he's really capable of doing.

Overall, he looks like a good pitcher. Play him in spring training, as you gain major league exp from those games, then send him to his recommended level in the minors once the season starts. Once he's maxed out his minor league training, you'll get a notice in his scouting report.

Since you are promoting, as long as you can keep from relegation back to 6, train him in the minors. If it gets tight and your older starters are failing, he'd be a good back-up plan.

Updated Monday, November 2 2015 @ 11:14:49 am PST
dsz071

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Really? I didn't know about getting a message when he's maxed out. Or is that the dreaded "no more room for improvement" message?
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
He is not ready yet. Send him back down to his recommended level and play him in spring training out of the minors. There is no reason for him to be on the major league roster yet.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball

Or is that the dreaded "no more room for improvement" message?

Yes, that is what that message means, that he has capped on experience SI gains. He is likely close to getting that message based on his innings.

Previous Page | Show All |