Help

Forum >> Help >> Reliever Help   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
el_jefe_loco

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I have an aging reliever who is getting roughed up this year in LL4, after very solid performance in LL5 last season.

Barry Smith

His core pitching skills are still solid, but his stamina has really dropped off in the past 1 1/2 seasons. I have his pitch limit set to 25 (he usually pitches 15-25 per appearance), so I don't think fatigue is a major issue but I might be fooling myself.

What do you think... Just unlucky over a small sample size (30 IP) in giving up a homer every 3 IP? Too old/not enough stamina? Just not skilled enough for LL 4?

Updated Friday, July 24 2015 @ 9:09:04 am PDT

Updated Friday, July 24 2015 @ 9:09:45 am PDT
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
All of the above?

Well a little of most of that anyway...

4 is harder than 5 so expect to see players put up weaker numbers... especially medicore ones. 80ish SI is by no means impressive for IV.

He should still be able to get by as a reliever in theory as 3 out of 4 pitching attributes are decent. You're suffering more from sample size than anything else.

I would try to replace him if I were you though. He won't help you greatly at your level.
el_jefe_loco

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks Li for the input.

I knew he would decline a bit in the move from LL 5 to 4 (especially since his skills dropped in the offseason), but I never would have imagined he would have gone from solid late inning guy last season to a 7.10 FIP and .324 BAA this year!! And now that he is above 35 IP, it is a rather significant sample size.

Always hunting the FA/waiver market, but it is tough to find a pitcher that can help immediately...
Toon Squad

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
How much money are you willing to spend for one? If a fair amount, I reccomend Walt cottaneo

Previous Page | Show All |