Help

Forum >> Help >> Advice on my team   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
TheBaconator

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm starting to fall apart in my league, just like the previous owners have for the past 10 seasons. I would like some advice on what to do with my team, please. :D
BEAST

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
You should first get rid of anyone on your team over 35 since they wont really help your team then when you get a chance to add a player per week get college players with good or very good potential as they develop faster and will be ready faster since they are 21 or 22 instead of high school or latin america as they are 17 or 18 and you should release some above average potential minor leaguers since they wont have a high ceiling

Updated Saturday, August 30 2014 @ 12:40:22 pm PDT
TheBaconator

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Released Simmons (Unneeded thanks to Hill), Booth (Far past his prime, and unneeded thanks to the surplus of OF's), and Mathis (Have 5 good starters).
Holmes

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I would also sift through the players on waivers. For league VI, you might even find the occasional useful player in free agency.
crackit

Anchorage Lawless
IV.4

Broken Bat Baseball
i have had a quick look at your pitching and I think you have a number of problems, for me:
  • Singleton and Bender look like genuine starters, the rest are marginal at best
  • Lester lacks stamina for a starter
  • Lester, Sexton, Bailey and Castillo lacks control although the younger players can improve it
  • Your pitchers are aging although some of them are still performing OK at this level, anything over 33 and they can begin to get a bit erratic
  • You have two pitchers (Cavalli and Minoso) in the minors I would give a chance at relief, make sure they are back in the minors before the Friday update though to get their training

To compare the relative strength of pitchers I add Vel + COS + Mov + Con as an indicator, for example Bender = 50 and Ortiz = 30

This will allow you to look for possible free agents to sign that might improve your line-up

I haven't looked at your defense but poor fielding reduces the effectiveness of your pitching

Hope this helps
TheBaconator

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks.

Previous Page | Show All |