Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Game times   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I've thought about this since almost day one and can't remember if I've ever brought it up or not. How about making at least two hours between games instead of one? That would allow owners a better chance to check-in and make any game day adjustments. It can be especially brutal in cross-divisional play when you're stricken with multiple injuries in game one or two that leaves your team in shambles the rest of the day. It would be great if it was three hours per game, but even two would be nice. If they started at 1200 instead of 1400, they'd still be close to the same time they are now with the exception of game five in cross-divisional play.

Perhaps it's a server/techie/money thing that makes stretching the hours prohibitive. If that's the case, I get it.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
One hour works better for me. I don't really want to have to wait 8 hours between my first game and my last game to play. Plus that means the final game of the day would be simulating at around 1:30 AM EST.
JJNZ

Yakima Monster
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Given my unusual time zone 1 hour works better for me
Yuri84

Apple Valley Raccoons
IV.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Same as JJNZ.
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
If you start at noon like I said instead of 2, there wouldn't be much difference in start times other than game five. They'd be at 1200, 1400, 1600, 1800 and 2000. For those who check out the lineups and make a same day adjustment, it provides a window twice as large and basically at the same time it does now. I'm not sure how that makes things less convenient. Weird. To each his own.

Updated Sunday, June 18 2017 @ 5:25:51 pm PDT
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
If you started earlier, it might work, yeah... the biggest issue was the sims running well into the night.

Of course some people prefer spread out and others condensed... it's a matter of preference. Those favoring spread out maybe want more time between games to make adjustments or maybe work during the day and would like to keep checking on their breaks as opposed to them all getting over quickly and then you're bored with no more games to look at and occupy you.

Those who like condensed probably want instant gratification. You can't wait to see the day's results and want those sims ASAP. You don't wanna wait all day long to get to game 5's result.
Den Duston

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I already discussed this with Steve. The community is divided and that's why the game times were left as they are.

This is one of the major things I don't like at all about BB (along with how to get new players).

Too fast paced. Too many series.

I mean...heck,the day is long! You can easily spread out the games.
In PennantChase there are like 6 hours (or something) between games. So 2/3 games a day.
In FranchiseBall there are 3 games simulated a day (I don't remember the times but it was like 9am,2pm and 7pm) with 4 hours between them.

Not everyone is from USA here. So for some people the current game times work well and for some others not.
I'm from Italy and I can only watch the first game and maybe skip the 2nd one in order to make other changes in the lineup. But from 3rd game on...I can't do a damn thing.
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm in the UK (Scotland), GMT-0, so with the first game kicking off at 10PM local time 1 hour gaps works best for me. Its rare I'm up for the result of game 4 in inter-division, and never for game five. Putting start times back to midday PST works for me, but probably not for others east of me, so I don't see any change coming.
Squiddcatt

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
The times.work perfectly for me in Central time. I can get home from school wait 35 mins and grab a snack and watch game 1 even though I normally have stuff after that like baseball makes me miss game 3,4,and 5. I like the current schedule.

Updated Monday, June 19 2017 @ 1:01:27 pm PDT
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Den's idea is actually better, but my game times suggestion was an attempt to keep them closer to what they are now due to the fact that people tend to hate change. If a game wants to be global, having all the games so closely together isn't very considerate. Even beyond that, what if a person is unable to check in for whatever reason between 1400 PST and 1600 PST? That's a very short window of opportunity and places them at a distinct disadvantage.

The current game times aren't bad for me, but they must be for some. If I couldn't check in most days in between games, I wouldn't play. It makes me wonder how many owners have left because of the tight game times.

The more I think about it, the more I think playing off Den's remarks is the most logical of all. 0600-0900-1200-1500-1800 PST or something similar. They would need to stay away from 0000 to 0500 PST since that's when daily and weekly events occur. Logic schmlogic. Oh well.

Updated Monday, June 19 2017 @ 4:00:13 pm PDT

Previous Page | Show All | Next Page