Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Game times   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
FreddyTheEye

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
If we are given more control over things like injury subs (ex:if catcher is injured use third baseman to catch and bring in rookie 3rd baseman, or have a way to set different starting line ups for different games) then this isn't as much of an issue as we can be fully ready for each series before it begins. Currently we can only really be ready for one game.

OR: No new injuries go into effect until current series ends. This may also make it not so crucial to log in between games.
...then maybe it doesn't matter so much when the games are simulated.

The issue is that sometimes large changes are needed between games which as others have said, gives quite an advantage to the manager who has time and is able to be online all day. A single injury to my catcher results in a rookie coming in and batting 4th until I see it and can get round to changing it...which shouldn't happen. It's also a pain to change line ups manually every injury, cup game etc.

IMO there should be no need or advantage to being online during simulations.
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I think I've come up with a better suggestion than my original.

Play two games back to back (one hour apart) in the morning and the rest of the day's games when they are now.

Game 1--0800 PST
Game 2--0900 PST
Break
Game 3--1600 PST
Game 4--1700 PST (when played)
Game 5--1800 PST (when played)

This keeps the back to back game times for those who like to come in and see two or three in a very small window of time. It also allows everyone several hours to check in and make game day adjustments for the second half/portion of games due to injuries.

I think that would be the best of both worlds.

Squiddcatt

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
1600 pst is game 3 currently dont you mean 1400 pst
Squiddcatt

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
1600 pst is game 3 currently dont you mean 1400 pst. I like the idea a lot.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Just to clarify, the ONLY time the "Backup" position is considered by the AI is when there is an injury. If you utilize the Backups properly, it greatly mitigates issues stemming from injuries.
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Yes, I meant 1600 PST for game 3 because it's exactly what it is now. Games 3, 4 and 5 would be the same as they are currently. That would expand the time between games 2 and 3 to seven hours using my times listed above, which should allow most owners the chance to check in if they'd like to.

If you utilize the Backups properly, it greatly mitigates issues stemming from injuries.

I disagree completely. When an injury occurs, I almost always have to move players around. As FreddieTheEye stated, if anyone in the top half of your lineup gets injured, I highly doubt you want a backup hitting in their slot. You move them down to the bottom of the order.

Also, who I really want as a backup for most of my positions are elsewhere on the field. For example, if my CF vs LHP gets injured, I move my RF to center, my DH to RF and a guy on the bench to DH. My CF is my lead-off hitter. I don't want anyone not good enough to start VLHP hitting lead-off, so almost every single batter gets moved to another spot. If that injury occurs and I'm not able to check in, my team is significantly worse than if I'm able to make those adjustments. While that example is one of the worst, I make adjustments with injuries to my lineup with everyone except my number 9 hitter against lefties right now because he happens to be my DH, so his backup is fine for his spot.

Updated Sunday, July 2 2017 @ 6:34:19 pm PDT
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I highly doubt you want a backup hitting in their slot. You move them down to the bottom of the order.

I usually just leave them where they are. You can micro-manage if you like, but the game was designed so that people don't have to micro-manage between games. That is exactly why the Backup field exists. There is no other reason for that field.
Den Duston

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
True story,Mike.
Yeah,the backup option helps a lot....but changing the lineup according to the players you have available is actually important I think.....
"Micro-managing" could give you an extra vitory...who knows...
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Every time I consider changing game times, there are twice as many people that want to original game times than any new suggestion.

Steve
Den Duston

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
That's why everything is still the way it is and I respect that since the majority of users here want it (you know,democracy)........but that's also one of the reasons why I'm likely gonna leave BB,unfortunately. *shrug*

Previous Page | Show All |