Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> 3rd middle reliever position   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
+1
buffmckagan

Scranton Bears
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
+1
wuggla

Colorado Springs Vultures
VI.28

Broken Bat Baseball
+1 need MR3,MR4 spots please please please
Shyfire

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
+1
Jason2327

Abilene Patriots
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Also agree
JJNZ

Yakima Monster
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
MR3 would be more valuable than LR2 for me personally
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I understand your point, but there are already 11 relief spots available, not counting the spot starter. With that many options and the ability to set parameters for all of them, it seems like the onus should be on us to tailor them to our liking. Otherwise, why stop with MR3? Why not SET3, etc.
JJNZ

Yakima Monster
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I think its more how the game engine chooses to use the relief pitchers Mike, the main issue for me is that my 2 MR guys should be doing a lot of the innings, so especially in an extra innings game there's more chance that they'll be too fatigued to pitch in the next game which might use up my set up guys when I'd need them for the next game etc - I get where you're coming from, but I've never been able to get the RHS option to work for me, and 2 LR's just for the sole purpose of getting that 5th usable RHP in the pen doesn't seem like the logical option to me. I think the argument against say set 3 is that the LHS and RHS are more set up to be used in these same spots, whereas MR is a more unique kinda role.

Or could just be personal preference....
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I wouldn't remove any of the current options. But I do remember wanting another MR spot when I was first playing (I no longer feel the need for one). Of all the relief spots, it makes the most logical sense to add one more MR. I don't think it would hurt anything, and would give some players a greater feeling of control on their staff.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Like Rock, I used to feel this would have been helpful, but no longer see the need for it. That said, I also don't see any reason the option shouldn't exist for MR3. As Rock said, SET3 is made less needed with the LHS and RHS with 6 total set up men slots available.

If I remember the discussion correctly the last time it came up, I think Steve said it had something to do with only being allowed to carry 13 pitchers and there already being 15 roles, but I don't think having unused roles will create too much confusion.

Previous Page | Show All | Next Page