Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Offseason league for Rookies   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Philliesworld

Pierre Jacobins
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Like it,
DANGLESNIPECEL9

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm in.
Tiger504

Kalamazoo Bloody Tigers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I like it because I love, yes love, when my guys improve through training but it's a matter of training balance. I would settle for a winter rookie league that my guys just got to play in so I could enjoy the stats, or if training was involved if it was minimal.
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
If it was implemented I don't think there should be games and stats. I like the original suggestion of five players (one or two fewer would be fine, but five max), which means there's no way to plug guys into lineups very well. Plus, programming/coding for that would be wasting Steve's time in my opinion. Giving a select few players one extra training period, or slightly less, would be sweet enough.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball

Giving a select few players one extra training period, or slightly less, would be sweet enough.

I completely agree. It would introduce the further dilemma of whether to choose guys who seem to be falling behind (won't be in AAA by 24) or try to speed along the top prospects. It would be nice if it was a full training update for those guys, as I don't think it would unbalance anything as long as the number of participants were restricted to something like the mentioned 5.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
It would be difficult to have games and statistics generated in the off-season. There is just some much other processing that needs to happen then.

But this is basically added training and/or experience to a small selection of players?

Steve
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I think the extra training, as opposed to experience, would be beneficial to the development time if applied to a small number like 5 which we get to choose. It would also give everyone something to think about at the start of the off-season other than just trying to clear roster space for the waiver lotto. Might make some of the guys with uber low starting SIs more capable of hitting their cap closer to 26 or 27 instead of 29 or 30 like some do now.
Holmes

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Some extra training for a few selected prospects sounds good to me. Anything that makes player development more than just wait and see does.
Frankebasta

Kodiak Mules
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Spring training games are there in Broken Bat for the very purpose you mention!

Giving EXTRA experience and training to a selected group of hitters and pitchers of your choice.
During the off-season.
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Frank, I'm not sure that's right. The game manual makes it sound like players only earn extra experience in spring training. I think all players receive training then whether or not they're playing. It seems to me I've noticed improvements that first week even when guys didn't play, but I could be remembering incorrectly. Winter ball could allow an extra period of training for a few chosen players, though. I also like it because it mirrors reality.

And about what newtman said, there shouldn't be nearly that much improvement. If it were to essentially be one extra training period, going to winter ball every year for a decade would just be the equivalent of one year of training. It doesn't amount to much, but it adds another small interesting piece to the puzzle.

Updated Friday, March 27 2015 @ 5:52:46 am PDT

Previous Page | Show All | Next Page