Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Who Should I Draft?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
I know I'm too late, but I think Jorgenson is always the pick there.
Cactusguy21

Presque Isle Vikings
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I didn't see Jorgenson's good potential until you pointed him out.

Oops lol.

This is why you choose your own players when drafting, rather than rely on me! ;-)

Updated Saturday, October 7 2017 @ 3:41:03 pm PDT
ESac

San Antonio Defenders
V.14

Broken Bat Baseball
what pool should I go for?

Updated Wednesday, October 18 2017 @ 3:20:42 am PDT
Cactusguy21

Presque Isle Vikings
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Looking at your team, you have a lot of young talent, so Latin and High School can come off the table. If you think you can promote this year, go Asian, as your team needs a lot of help at the ML level, otherwise go International or College (I personally would prefer college, but that's just me.)
Bridger

Muncie Flyers
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Just my opinion...

...if you plan to stick with the game for the long haul and are currently in a low division, you should be drafting high school players or Latin Academy players.

Reason 1:
Drafting young players allows you time to train them at their optimal position and a secondary position to fill team needs.

Reason 2:
I'm no expert, but it seems to me that players acquired young (especially from high school) are more likely to reach their potential by age 25, leading to longer major league careers and easier promotion decisions.

Reason 3:
Drafting exclusively from one age group allows your team to have a steady flow of major-league ready players for the long term.

The difficulty with this strategy is having enough patience to stick with it.
Your team will struggle while you wait the ~6 years for the first waves of high school talent to start hitting the big leagues. The good news is you should have a steady pipeline of ML-ready players forever after that.
SeuGoias

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Hey guys , need ur help!
  • P Rodrigo Santos 18 6' 2" 21 L L He can be a strike out pitcher. His control will always be below average. He has good overall potential.

P Rodrigo Cuéllar 17 5' 11" 178 L L His fastball will have some pop. He can have a major league breaking ball. He may be limited to only a few innings. He has good overall potential.

P Gonzalo Farías 17 5' 11" 187 L L His fastball can be unhittable. He can have a major league breaking ball. He has good overall potential.

P Víctor Lucero 16 6' 2" 204 L L He can have a major league fastball. He will be able to throw all day. He has good overall potential.

C Horacío Franco 16 5' 11" 198 R R He can be a very good hitter. He can develop into a decent slugger. He is really quick. He can be outstanding in the field. He has good overall potential.

newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Farías, Lucero, or Franco... they look pretty equal, so go by need, starting pitching, reliever, or possible 2B/SS depending on arm.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Franco has a pretty good chance of being 14 pot despite the good potential. As Newtman said, possible midddle infielder.

If pitching is a need I would put Farías at the top. But there is a good chance he (and the other pitchers on the board) are 12 pots.
Cactusguy21

Presque Isle Vikings
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Franco seems like a good option, he'll likely be either 2B or SS, depending on arm
SeuGoias

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Picked Franco :)

http://brokenbat.org/player/165441

Previous Page | Show All | Next Page