Help

Forum >> Help >> Help a rookie?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
If I could shave some time off the multiple hours a week I spend on clicking player links, I would. I wouldn't see it as cheating

And I could easily create a bot to run my team for me, but I won't. Both because I consider it cheating, and it would make the game very boring.

Pro players have lost their jobs for installing macros in competition. Baseball managers are losing their jobs for stealing signs off TV screens. I completely don't understand how anyone could think it wouldn't be cheating to use a bot on an online game.
Sarap

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks fellas. I see as mike Mukilteo Speedway Mike said it is sorted by position when it is a tie followed by age which we do not know exact birthdays. Cool! Sorry I am anal about stuff and like exact details so good to know. ty Freddy as well
Sarap

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
All I know about the Cup is this basically- cup results will have no affect on league standing, but will result in a larger cash payouts, happier fans and more prestige.

So in cup games, your players gain MLB experience right? I can definitely use more prestige. money, and happier fans. IF I were to advance past the first round would that give me extra money besides attendance money or any prestige bump to my prestige level of 4? Obviously I want to focus on the league I am in but I am curious if I advance past the first round what do I gain? Or would it be better to use cup games much like Spring Training games? Ty for any advice to the vets as this will be my first go around...
AssumedPseudonym

Deerfield Beach Rats
V.7

Broken Bat Baseball
 Cup games do offer additional Majors experience, yes, but the only additional income from the games is based on attendance. You only gain prestige from the Cup if you advance beyond a certain round (and I’ll admit I’m not sure how far you have to get).

As for treating it like an extended Spring Training, do be advised that only players on the Major League roster are eligible; promoting players from the Minors for Cup games will come with additional salary cost due to said promotion. There are plenty of owners who prefer to play their youngest players to give them more playing time, with the additional benefit of benching productive veterans being that they don’t risk getting injured and will therefore be more able to contribute to League games.

The flip side is that playing unproven players who are still growing is likely to cause a team to not advance to further rounds (keeping in mind that you don’t get paid attendance for games that are never played to begin with).

Personally, I stick with my regular season lineup and rotation. It’s not that I’m strapped for cash like I was back in the early ’30s, I just prefer fielding the best team I can. Wins are still wins, and even a fluke win over a higher ranked team is more fan mood to help keep attendance numbers up.
Sarap

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
TY AP you answered my Q. Great!
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I usually put my rookies in for the cup. At least for the group round. Unless it looks like I might not make it out in the last series. During elimination I play it more by ear, but tend to put in mostly my regular lineup.
Sarap

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
A new Q for the experts who I greatly appreciate. I have a few minor guys who after 11 or so games have not played yet or played very little. One guy is my best SP AAA prospect. I just promoted him due to an injury to my ace for 2 weeks. An OF who has only played 2 games only. Also I had a 2B I was trying to play at 3B and he had played 0 games. I moved him back to 2B and he since played 2 games the last day. My 1st round pick a college SP has NOT started a game at all even I started him 1 game in the spring. There are other examples but you get the idea.

I am assuming all this means the minor team they are on has other guys manning my guys spots I want them in. Is there anything I can do about this? Like move them to a different level and then back after like 1 real week maybe? I am trying this with an I guy I wanted to train for the OF in AAA and moving him to AA temporarily. Or is it just bad luck? Obviously guys need to play to improve. I understand if I have like 5 guys I want to train at OF in AAA that will make playing time short for at least 2 of them. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
You want them at the correct level for Friday morning, but I have sometimes put players down a level just to get them some stats. For instance, putting a AA guy down in A until Thursday just so he acquires some stats.
FreddyTheEye

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
They get the same training whether or not they play and get stats. They will get positional training at the position where you have them set to play whether or not they play in that position or even if they do not play at all.
Play your guys in the positions you want them to train and keep them at the correct recommended level. It will work whether or not they get stats.
Sarap

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Thanks Rock and Freddy! That is weird but great to know. I had previously thought that guys were getting screwed by not playing but it does not matter as you said so great to know. Thanks!

Previous Page | Show All |