Team: Tucson Stallions [ID #553]
Tucson, AZ (Southwest)
Rank: #468 - Rating: 81.95
Blue & Black
Apr 18 2056: Team relinquished by Lendot
Jan 13 2056: Leonardo Soriano
was selected to the national team of Puerto Rico
Jan 13 2056: Vladimir Duvalier
was selected to the national team of Haiti
Jan 13 2056: Sean Coleman
was selected to the national team of Bahamas
Jan 13 2056: Rusell Gibbs
was selected to the national team of Australia
Jan 13 2056: Matthijs Van der Veen
was selected to the national team of Aruba
Aug 01 2055: Team acquired by Lendot
Jul 21 2055: Luis Moreno
Jul 21 2055: César Salinas
Jul 21 2055: Haruyasu Kaneda
was signed as a free agent.
Wins: 15 Losses: 12 Pct: .556 Last10: 6-4 Streak: L2
Ave: 6.2 - 5.7 RS: 168 RA: 154 DIFF: +14 Power Index: 99.5
[0 | Still Alive]
Mar 20 2036: 2036 Outlook
- by Jaybrams on May 21st, 2018
After the promotional success in Div V in 2035, the Mesquite Stallions are looking to stay afloat in a tough IV.4 league for 2036.
Roster Outlook - Position Players:
The core of the team looks bright with 24 year old SS Luis Soria
looks to build on a ROY campaign in 2035. Corey Weems
appears ready to come into his own and hit his prime, while Raul Franco
continues to produce year in and year out.
While we did not land any big free-agent waiver claims, we did shore up our depth with the acquisitions of 1B Victor Connelly
and OF Byung Ho Seu
. Both are expected to platoon in their respective positions, though both may win the full time starting job outright.
Overall, Def may continue to be an issue and I expect a few veterans to drop off in production, but the improvements from the young guns should keep our offense moving forward.
Roster Outlook - Pitchers:
On the pitching side of things, a late acquisition Joo Won Kim
should help solidify the bullpen even further along side mid-season 2035 pick ups Joel Hawkins and Damon Ignacio, moves that ultimately helped the Stallions fight back from 3rd place and secure promotion last season.
Most of the staff is aging, and with very little in the pipeline our biggest concern for 2036 will be managing the staff in a "bend-but-don't-break" manner. We've shifted a few roles around from last season in hopes of creating the best match-up at any given time.
- We will fight to remain in Div IV, but expect to land safely in 4th place to avoid relegation.
- Our Cup Draw is favorable for a 2nd place finish behind Whittier, though the Kodiak Kings will not go quietly. A 3rd place finish in group play would be disappointing, but very realistic.
Jul 28 2035: New Ownership Plan of Attack
- by Jaybrams on April 8th, 2018
1. Improve Farm System. It's thin. We have little future right now.
2. Improve Pitching staff. We're set in the late innings and pretty solid in the rotation for now, need to shore up the mid inning relief.
3. Improve defense. We're last in the league in fielding percentage, giving away an unearned run on average every other game. A lot of the team were never given a chance in their best fielding position, so we'll be experimenting with the defensive line up for a while.
Onward and upward.
Jan 15 2034: Mustangs on a roll!!
- by CROOCROO on October 7th, 2017
The mustangs have moved up two league levels in the last two seasons ever since CrooCroo took over ownership of the Mustangs!! "We are going to be number #1 of all broken bat teams!! Maybe not today or tomorrow. We are going no where from up and we can not be stopped!!" Says CrooCroo. The Mustangs join the level 4 League with high hopes of another championship this 2034 season. GO MUSTANGS!!!
Jul 09 2032: NEW MANAGEMENT OLD NEW BALL TEAM!!!
- by CROOCROO on June 19th, 2017
GET READY!! HERE COMES THE MUSTANGS!!!