Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Compensatory Draft Pick   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
texg8r

Pembroke Pines Gators
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
I understand why trading players can't happen in the game as currently constructed. I fully support that rule as the oversight required to allow trading without worrying about "gaming" the system would be immense. However, it is unfortunate when you have a glut of players in a certain position and you can't get anything of value out of this imbalance. Has there ever been a thought to give teams a compensatory draft pick if they release a player that qualifies under certain criterion? Maybe something like:

Under the age of 30
SI greater than 100

If you cut a player like that you get an extra draft pick for the following season. Maybe there is an additional round somewhere in the middle of the season for teams that have this pick. Something like this would encourage people to drop players of decent value and would improve the Free Agent/Waiver market and it would allow teams to get something of value for the surplus.

Thoughts?
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
The flaw with any blanket valuation of Broken Bat players is that there are 23 year old 16 POTs with 120 SI that I would trade for a solid 28 year old 98 SI 12 POT in a heartbeat.

Previous Page | Show All | Next Page