Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Waiver/FA   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
the gizmo

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
What if it was set up similar to current weekly add a player.

Owner would set the criteria they are looking for, as we do currently for searching FAs and waivers, and receive up to 10 players that they could choose from. The game engine would have to randomly assign players to each search, similar to what it does now with waiver claims.

The players skills would still be listed to help owner make their choice unlike youth where it is just a wild guess.

Owner would have option of one signee per week for players listed but depending on how broad/narrow their search is, potentially no or very few players would be available for that signing period

With each season approximently 8 weeks, a team could only add 8 youth prospects and 8 FAs, which could hamper an owner wanting to do a rebuild

One option is to have 2 FA signing periods each week, Wed. and Sat. Even 2 youth signings could be beneficial as long as the pool would not be depleted

Another option would be to have a set number for each team to use during the season, eg. 20, in which the owner would have to use them wisely or not have ability to sign a player as playoffs near. Maybe even limit how many per day/week

All FAs would be hidden so an owner can't see who is available at any time and could only choose from players selected for them. Each player would still not be available for a set number of days upon release.

Currently, since the majority of claims happen after season rollover and Friday updates, the only difference I can see is that there won't be owners making multiple claims and would need to manage their teams better with player development

Even this idea has faults since is still based on luck. Owners still will miss out on many high level players but would eliminate excessive claims
dwindacatcher

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I've been trying to think of a better way that the waiver wire could be run. I've only just started playing, but the "spray and pray" method of waiver claims is ridiculous to me. especially since half the people on waivers seem to be signed and dropped on the same day. people just make claims to make claims.

there really needs to be a cost to sign or cost to drop. Or something else. I don't know the game well enough to know if a financial hit like that would even deter excessive claims.

Perhaps a bidding system for FAs on waivers?

Or perhaps the ability to post players for sale like the japaneese posting system?

Mig2012

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Hi, and welcome to Broken Bat.

I know the current system may seem ridiculous to new comers, as every other sports game and his dog has a bidding system, but all this has been discussed to death here, and this system is really what fits better this game.

Forget about what the other teams do with the waivers they win. If there was a bidding system and someone was flipping players for profit you wouldn’t care.

There is no such thing as excessive claims. For this system to work properly people need to be able to place as many claims as they want. If there was more claim restrictions, many players on waivers would reach free agency unclaimed, and they would be signed by the first team online after midnight, which would allow for certain teams to hoard talented players, and that wouldn’t be fair.

Don’t jump to conclusions yet. Give it some time; learn the rules and the mechanics of the game and you will enjoy it.

Previous Page | Show All | Next Page