Baseball Forum

Forum >> Baseball >> Fantasy Baseball Help   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
pastorphil

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Greetings,

I have been in a 27 player, 20 team keeper league for about 13 years. I won the league about 4 years ago and returned to the championship round the following season (which tied 6-6, but went to the other team because of a tie breaker....ouch). But then the team has completely stagnated. I am getting a bit bored after so many years and losing isn't helping. I thought I'd try the BB community to give me a shot of adrenaline.

Typical head to head stats, runs, hrs, rbi, sb, avg, ops, QS, saves, k, holds, era, whip.

My biggest trouble this season has been injuries and those make it difficult to evaluate how good this team really is. Here is the team (30 players right now, because I have 3 on DL):

Matt Wieters
Francisco Cervelli
Yonder Alonso
Kendrys Morales
Luke Voit
Joe Panik
Yolmer Sanchez
Tim Beckham
Maikel Franco
TJ Rivera
AJ Pollack
Aaron Altherr
Kevin Pillar
Lonnie Chisenhall
Mitch Haniger
Guillermo Heredia

Steven Matz
Brandon Finnegan
Anthony Desclafani
Kyle Hendricks
Dan Straily
Jose Urena
Zack Godley
Hyu-Jin Ryu
Nick Pivetta
Greg Holland
James Pazos
Chris Devenski
Alex Claudio
Robby Scott

Notable Players in my Farm System
Nick Williams
Jorge Alfaro
JP Crawford
Dylan Cease
Stephen Gonsalves
Colin Moran
Matt Davidson
and several other less notable.

So, I don't have any superstars, but I feel like this team is young and talented. But as stated, so many injuries (Haniger, Pollack, Desclafani, finnegan, matz, Hendricks have all spent considerable time on the DL) have killed this season, but I feel like if I just suck it up and wait for next year, this is better than the have performed.

Am I lying to myself? Anybody want to share an evaluation?
pastorphil

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Anybody have an idea to share?
Haselrig

Novi Doubledays
IV.8

Broken Bat Baseball
Sorry if you felt like this question was ignored. I read it when you posted, but I don't follow MLB closely enough to be familiar with many of the players you'd listed. I just didn't feel qualified enough to offer much advice.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Same here. No idea who most of those guys are.
TPS

Dallas Dragons
III.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I know a bit about the minor league and prospects since I am in a dynasty league myself, but my league is 11 team NL only Roto league. I probably wouldn't be able to help you with your minors since I only focus on top 100 prospects. However, I have kept my eye on some prospects outside the top 100(all NL) that could be useful for you.

Previous Page | Show All |