Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Picking All-Stars   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm thinking it might be fun if we could vote on All-Stars. It might also help with some of the weird choices the AI makes, so that your league is actually using its strongest team instead of a someone random, mostly decent team.

Here is what I am thinking.
- The AI chooses 5 eligible players from each position that it thinks are the best.
- Probably two picks from the pitchers.
- Managers then get the day to vote on who they think is the best.
- The top vote getters are on the starting lineup of All-Star team.
- The rest of the slots are then filled in using normal AI rules (and team minimums if they exist).
Jimmy W

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Rock

I concur with just one caveat - you can't choose any of your own players.

Jim

Jimmy W

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Rock

I concur with just one caveat - you can't choose any of your own players.

Jim

Brewnoe

Fall River Naughty Dawgs
IV.5

Broken Bat Baseball
Aim high ... I got shot down asking for all-league DH to have at least 1 games at DH
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah. That's one of the things that this would help with. Our division had a really suspect choice at Catcher this season. There was another guy (not on my team) who was clearly better.

If we could vote, we would also lead to more chat on the league forms leading up to the game. More interaction and publicizing player. Maybe even some analysis in some leagues. I think it could be a lot of fun.
texg8r

Pembroke Pines Gators
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
I really love the idea on it's face. But in my league there are 4 bot teams in the West division. There should be some minimum requirement of number of owner's voting or else it defaults to the system picking.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
The bots could still vote via the AI logic. Although maybe with a little fuzziness added so that player votes could still matter.

Updated Wednesday, October 21 2020 @ 9:02:51 am PDT
Jimmy W

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Agreed Rock

Gophy2611

Canton Tornados
IV.4

Broken Bat Baseball
+1 But make the votes public so you can't intentionally vote a lesser player to help your own guy without others knowing it was you with the suspect voting...

Previous Page | Show All |