Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> training   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
The whole primary/secondary training this has always confused me. I can set both to a pitching type training for instance. Does this mean my batters are only getting 90% training or something?

Would it make more sense to make those options fielder and pitcher focus? So instead of being able to pick any two focuses, you could pick only one fielder and one pitcher focus?
Krakonico

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
The focus is just a small bonus training, nobody is losing it, even you set the primary/secondary just for the pitchers.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Training focus just shifts a small amount of training from other skills to the selected skills (compared to No Training Focus). It gives clubs some ability to sculpt their young players in a manner that is inline with organizational goals.

Unlike other games of this sort, the bonus is small and will not allow you to push players past their natural skill limits.

Steve
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Neither of those response actually addressed my question....

Krakonico what are you basing this information on? If its just a bonus, then we would lose it if we had no focus, but Steve has already said that is not the case.

For the sake of giving an example lets assume the focus give a 5% bonus (I know it less then that but lets ignore that so we can talk about the question).

So if I apply two hitting focuses I'm assuming this means my hitters train 90% to overall and an extra 5% to the focuses. Do my pitcher train 90% at overall, or 100% at overall?

Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
My understanding, could be wrong:

Focus is an influence.

Let's say you have a pitcher who you want to be a starter by the time he turns 25.

Let's say his stamina is 5 right now with a potential to be a starting pitcher scout.

Let's say you're not concerned with his actual pitching skill pops so much right now.

With no focus, all skills (Velocity, Change of Speeds, Movement, Control, Stamina, Fielding) have a relatively equal chance of popping given their room to grow. I don't know if more room to go gets a higher % chance or not... so to make it easier, let's say EVERYTHING is at 5 with the same end point potential so it's all equal...

I'll also ignore fielding since you don't want that on pitchers and it'll muck up this example...

Each skill has a 20% chance of popping every time a pop occurs in this example. Now multiple could pop and it would pick from that pool more than once, but it's still a 20% chance at this evenly balanced situation.

If you add focus to Stamina, maybe everything else drops by some amount and that gets added to Stamina's chances (let's say the other 4 drop by 1% and Stamina gains 4%). Now when it goes to decide, it favors Stamina, but it's still not going to pick it for sure.

That's a drastic over-simplification and nowhere near the actual numbers or how they'd work... but hopefully I'm conveying the basic idea.

TLDR: nothing gets added/removed, just the odds get shifted

Updated Wednesday, January 13 2016 @ 3:41:57 pm PST
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
That's my understanding as well. But it still doesn't really address my question. In the example I gave above. Am I losing % for pitcher pops?

EDIT: example is 4th post. I inverted the example, which was very bad form.

Updated Wednesday, January 13 2016 @ 4:04:13 pm PST
Crazy Li

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I don't believe so.

As I said, I don't think anything is ever lost or gained.

If you were going to gain 10 pops on a hitter in a given season for example, you're going to get those 10 pops regardless of focus settings. It's just the focus may alter where those pops are.

If you do two focuses in pitching skills, you don't lose batting pops, you just get the equivalent of "no focus" as it relates to hitting.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
That is the part that is extremely unclear to me. Which is why I was proposing it could be made much more clear by changing it to a pitching and hitting focus. You are probably correct, but I STILL don't know if what you have said is correct. Only Steve knows.

Previous Page | Show All |