Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Forbidden/banned position (defensive replacement)   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Meccanodonte

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
It would be possible to employ a sort of "banned positions" in the management settings?
It's annoying that the manager put defensive subs in a position which is not fitted at all skill-wise only because of a formal eligibility
I don't want to have an 8-range in the outfield for the last inning only because he was trained at the position.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
+1 or some way to assign multiple possible defensive replacements for each position.
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
This has always been a point of frustration for me. I can't believe you actually get defensive subs to come in because they never do for me. It would be nice to have some way to control that more. When (inning), who (what player for what position), why (only when winning or also when tied as an option). A dream option would be come-in-an-inning-early-if-player-is-more-than-five-hitters-away.

Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
The other dream for me is being able to slot my 2B over to SS and bring in a new guy at 2B when I take out my SS. In BB utility players lose all their utility once they are assigned as starters.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Agree with this. To me this is the next system that needs overhaul, because I still don't really see defensive replacements either despite having several guys marked for it.
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I agree completely. That's why I check for injuries between games whenever possible, but it's a nuisance.
afreespirit

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
This is a good idea. It might also double as a way of managing pinch hitters. I hate when my LHDH with 11 range comes in to ph for a RHOF followed by a 16 range LHOF ph for the RHDH.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball

I hate when my LHDH with 11 range comes in to ph for a RHOF followed by a 16 range LHOF ph for the RHDH.

+1. It creates much frustration when my 1B is pinch hit for by my 19 range OF and then my OF gets pinch hit for by my 10 range 3B. I never want my 19 range guys coming in to play 1B, because then they can't play a position where they would be useful.
Benchwarmer

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I agree that we need more control over subs, either a depth chart at each position, and perhaps a pinch hit depth chart as well, or as originally suggested a list of positions that a player cannot be played at. It gets annoying seeing my only backup catcher being stuck in the OF where he has no skill, or my non-hitting backup 1B pinch hitting for one of my heavy hitters (who also is not the 1B).
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
I'm totally cool with changing some of the mgmt settings...the problem is that everyone has different ideas such that to satisfy all the demands would require an unworkable number of settings.

The trick is coming up with a relatively small set of mgmt settings that covers most things.

I think the necessary changes are three fold:

1. Add some team mgmt settings
2. Improve player mgmt settings
3. Make the game substitution decisions more transparent

Steve

Previous Page | Show All |