Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> why are pitchers better feilders?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
winningswagg

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Ive been playing for a while now and ive noticed pitchers have the highest fielding attributes in the game. Every week my pitchers are popping in feilding while my second and short stop are stuck at 10 or 11 fieldong for an entire season.
This is the one thing i dont like about the game. Been playing for a while and this happens year after year. I also had a pitcher not pop in anything last week vut lwarned how to play P.neither one of these makes sense and makes training pitchers that much harder
winningswagg

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Example:
This weeks training 11 feilders popped. 3 of the 11 popped in feilding. The highest was 12.
8 pitchers popped, 3 of them in feilding. Highest of the groups feilding is 15.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
For position players, their fielding ability is scouted. So you have a rough idea of how far their fielding skill will develop.

Your SS, for eg., has this scouting:

He will always be a below average fielder.

Which suggests his fielding skill will max out somewhere around 7-10 skill.

For pitchers, the potential fielding skill is not scouted. I find it an interesting suggestion possibly adding that to their scouting. IMO, it would be unnecessary clutter. It is lower budget than their pitching skills (1 point of a pitching skill yields 1.25 SI; 1 point of fielding skill yields 0.5 SI). Leaving it unscouted also provides a little more mystery about a pitcher's development, which I feel is important.

As for your pitchers being great fielders, that may be due to small sample size. I have some pitchers who aren't sure which hand the glove goes on.

Previous Page | Show All |