Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Trade New New Approach   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Krakonico

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
This is really not a trade system, is just an upgrade of the actual waiver system. The intended will stay as usual, someone release a player, if he is that good another manager will claim him, (or two, three, etc.), and the system will assign him like a lottery.

The change will be the following: the winning team will pay the entire season's salary of that player (listed in the players profile) to the team who put it in waivers.

With this if you have a good player and are lacking of money and anyways you will sack him, you can earn some money in return.

For those who would think that only rich teams will sign the best players, well that´s true, but those teams who can't have a high salary player would receive something in exchange (today they receive nothing), that way they could turn their red balance faster, and also add a flavor to develope players. Bot teams with bad finances would also benefits and will balance more the teams in the lower leagues.

And coding talking, I don't think it would take too much to Steve to change this. Only a new check, if the team have the money it will be deducted and assigned to the new team.
MukilteoMike

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
We pay all players on a weekly basis, so it's *perfect already. You pay the guy as long as he's on your team and that's all. You don't pay his entire salary if you don't have him for the full season. There's no reason any owner should be paying another owner.

*Perfect. Well, not exactly. I think any player successfully claimed should be paid a minimum of one week's salary by the new owner.
Mig2012

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I agree with this, but only if that signed player was used in at least one match.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
I appreciate the thought put into this. Interesting idea.

I assume this only applies to waivers? FA no fee?

My concerns:

- as it stands the "easiest" players to win in waivers are the ones with higher salaries. Poorer teams would be forced to pursue high demand players, and would lose the ability to pursue lower demand (due to salary) stars.
- managers suiciding. New managers especially have less sense of the financial system, and could get themselves in trouble.
- collusion. High salary players who historically would have been waiver claimed may pass to free agency. Benefits the 3AM crew.
- day trading. Speaking of the 3AM crew. I think a system like this rewards a team that catches and releases. Sign the best 4-5 FA every day and cut them. Even if only 1 gets claimed, the profits will roll in.

A couple of those concerns go away if you also have to pay the salary of FA. That money would be removed from the game. The concern with adding that caveat is that player liquidity might plummet.

It is an interesting idea. My gut instinct is resistance. It feels like a move towards train-for-profit. Think one of the strongest things BrokenBat has going for it is the absence of the train-for-profit-mini-game-that-is-actually-the-meta-game.

Edit: this also looks like a positive feedback loop. The factors that contribute to salary are performance, age, position, awards, and league level. Ie., the teams at the top levels have the highest salary players. They are also amoung the richest teams. It could be a rich get richer poor get poorer system.

And my thought of applying the salary cost to FA fubars new teams.

Updated Friday, March 6 2015 @ 4:38:37 pm PST
MrTwoPlums

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Not sure how it would affect others, but this would probably make me rich(er). Pretty much every season I cut a few of my older guys to make room for rookies. Most of these vets are making pretty good money, especially the pitchers, but really only have a couple seasons left at or near their prime. I don't think teams should have to pay me millions for my leftovers, on top of paying the player as well.

Previous Page | Show All |