Help

Forum >> Help >> Counseling   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
KingOercy

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I need help, I don't know how to make my team any better and I'm so confused me, please help?
mrprogamer2020

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
My Opinions are
Batting
1. Mark Lane should be an everyday #3/4 player.
2. Michael Mullan can be a solid #5 hitter.
3. Diego Velasco should be almost the same as Lane.
4. Craig Kowalcyzk should be a good #2 hitter.
Pitching
1. Rank the Starters based on ERA
2. Closer should throw gas
3. Release Mack Whitney
4. Get good free agent pick ups for Relievers

Hope my tips were good. Good Luck on your Team!
Geech

San Luis Obispo Turtles
IV.8

Broken Bat Baseball
Yes, you don't have very many pitchers in your bullpen. I would make some additions there to help carry the load for your existing relievers.
realzachjr!

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I think my team is good enough for the future but I would like everyone's opinion.
KingOercy

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Is this good.
Geech

San Luis Obispo Turtles
IV.8

Broken Bat Baseball
Zach, your team looks decent for a level 6 team, but EVERY level 6 team has a lot of room for improvement. Some of your pitchers, especially in the bullpen, look pretty iffy for me, but you just have to keep checking waivers for better options. This is a long term game of incremental improvement. Sometimes pitchers can have unsexy scouting and stats but put up surprisingly good numbers. Keep your eyes peeled for these guys, because they can be sneaky good finds.

You have a lot of hitters with no hitting comment and positive power comments. Although these guys can be good players -- especially if they play premium defensive positions -- hitting is probably the most important offensive skill. Making this type of hitter work at an offense first position like DH, 1B or LF is very tricky. I know you only have so many choices available at any one time, but I think this is a big area to look to improve your offense. ​I think this is something that will hold your offense back, especially as you try to promote out of level 6.

One specific note: Wheeler has no business in centerfield. CF likes high range players, and Wheeler's 9 range just won't cut it. Put him at DH vs RH pitchers and play Delgado at CF instead of DH. You'll be improving your defense without changing your lineup or roster.

Your minor leagues have a lot of guys that look pretty marginal to me. I don't think I would ever keep a 10 POT in the minors unless I believe his true POT was higher than that. 11 POTs can work, but they need a pretty compelling case. E.G., they need to be a really dedicated DH build, or low stamina reliever with good amateur and minor league stats. Guys like Linares and Adcock can be easy cuts as you need roster space to bring on additional talent.
Geech

San Luis Obispo Turtles
IV.8

Broken Bat Baseball
KingOercy, add more pitchers to your pen, and keep your eyes peeled for upgrades to your existing ones on the waiver wire and free agency. I almost always have a full pitching staff at the majors. I know it can be tough to find enough good pitchers when you're at league level 6, but you just have to keep check for upgrades.

Just make sure you don't hire guys who are more expensive than you can afford. Closers are VERY pricy in this game, and they can cause you to lose money at level 6.
Geech

San Luis Obispo Turtles
IV.8

Broken Bat Baseball
Zach, also on the subject of Wheeler, the dude should also be your starting 1B or DH against LH pitching, too. The guys you have in the LHP lineup aren't coming close to his career numbers against lefties.
mrprogamer2020

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Geech, this is mrprogamer2020 of the Fort Pierce Cardinals. May I know if I should change anything from my team like releasing a player or signing a player or just lineup wise? Would you also let me know what players I should draft, and how my minors look?

Help is much appreciated,
Thank You

Previous Page | Show All |