Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Overhaul of player acquisition   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Jalapeno5

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
There's been a lot of debate lately about what should/shouldn't be included in the search parameters etc; but here's a completely new idea for debate - how about potential/attributes are removed completely from the search screen and replaced with actual stats to search on now that we have game information available from all levels of the minor leagues?

In the real world - all this information would be widely available to managers, and stuff like potential would be largely unknown.

I personally don't believe the current system's going to work. Every player with 14+ potential is going to have too many claims for securing their services to be anything other than dumb-luck, and is anyone honestly going to set-out to secure themselves a 10 potential (or less) player? These values may as well not be included in the dropdown.

I get that it's a time saving, and that's fine - but I'd be much happier with a time saving based on allowing owners to scout the best players by their known, proven performance on the field at their respective levels. This way, lower potential players that are excelling in the minors are made more useful and appealing; and the flip side is higher potential players will again become 'hidden gems' if they're currently underperforming. I suspect there will broadly be a correlation between performance and potential - but bringing up the player card to see the player's attributes could again be considered 'scouting'.

Previous Page | Show All | Next Page