Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Export Player attributes   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Jynxed

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
It would be cool if we could go to the roster/lineup pages and have an export to csv option. I think that would be helpful for a variety of reasons.

edit...Well now I realize if I just copy the page and paste it in excel it actually works so maybe that's not really needed.

Updated Friday, September 20 2013 @ 11:00:45 am PDT
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Okay...I haven't even tried that. Let me know how it works (directly importing to Excel).

It might be possible to dump it to a CSV file, I just don't know how to do that off the top of my head.

Thanks,

Steve
Jynxed

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
If I just select the text from the roster page I want to copy or select all the players and attributes it actually pastes into excel formatted right which I didn't think would happen. It includes the flag logos too as it's own column. Overall it actually works fine this way but since it copies flags and the background colors it's not quite the same as an export but it can be manually tweaked to be the same thing.

As far as exporting goes I don't know much about coding but I would think it would just be referencing the appropriate database data and pulling it into a csv file. I know minor things about db's but not the coding side so I could be completely wrong :)
AmUnRA

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
i use the same methode already since a year and have the flag column hidden. btw use "import as unicode" that helps alot
Jynxed

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Oh yeah unicode is much better, thanks for that tip!

Previous Page | Show All |