Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Finances/Economical Suggestions I   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Krakonico

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Now that the season is over, it's time to present you a serie of suggestions to improve the economy side of the game. As now we have bankrupcy, we need more tools in order to create a balanced game. The first one will talk about 'Ballparks'.

One of the most important source of income, if not the most important, is also the most easy way to get without pay the cost, yes, the Ballpark. As for now you can go from a 12,000 seats to a 60,000, to a 30,000 to a 45,000 in a second without pay a penny for it. Also all the seats cost the same, in baseball there are differents type of seats, and kinds of ballparks. Here are my suggestions, there are based more in two other sport's simulation games (a soccer and a basketball ones):

Ballpark:
Type of seats

Actual: There is only one kind of seats, or if there are different kind, the ticket price is the same.

Proposal:
There should be at least four types of seat, in which you can modify the amount, and the ticket price from time to time (those in BuzzerBeater knows) or have a price set (like in Hattrick). The assistance to each one of them will be affected by the climatic situation and/or* the fan mood.
Bleachers: The cheaper ones.
Grandstands: Higher than the bleachers.
Loge Box: Higher than the grandstands
Field Box: Higher than the loge ones.
Terraces: High paid seats (can be restricted to higher ballparks, I may suggest 35,000+ can have this)
Private box: The higher seat (can be restricted, like the terraces, to higher ballparks, I may suggest 35,000+ can have this)

* (In a dome ballpark as the weather doesn't affect the attentande, then it will only affect the fan mood)

Ballpark Cost:
Maintenance

Actual: There is no cost to modify your ballpark, like adding or removing seats. The maintenance cost is equal in each seat (15 per seat per update).

Proposal: Assuming that the "Type of seat" is approved and added to the game, thus the ballpark maintenance should be changed, as each kind of seats will have a different maintenance cost. Also the cost for add will be different for each kind of seat. In case of reduction, I think it will be the same, or be different according to the type of seats you are removing.

Weekly Maintenance Cost:
Bleachers: 15
Grandstands: 20
Loge Box: 30
Field Box: 40
Terraces: 60
Private box: 100

Construction/Demolition
Actual: Right now there is only a chance to modify the ballpark, and is after the postseason and before the beginning of the new season. But, also there is something that is not real, you can modify your ballpark as you want during those days, from the higher size to the lower, any time you want, as many times you are online.

Proposal: You can modify the ballpark whenever you want, but just once in the season you can add seats, also the modification should take time, maybe one week (RL). This will help if your team is in bankcruptcy to reduce your cost, or if your team is filling up the stadium, to earn more money. A timer for the construction is started when you approves the modification, it will depend on the amount of seats you purchased/sold. You also have to pay a set fee for the modification.

Weekly Construction/Demolition Cost:
Bleachers: 90 / 45
Grandstands: 150 / 75
Loge Box: 180 / 90
Field Box: 200 / 100
Terraces: 400 / 200
Private box: 600 / 300

Penalty: If you start a ballpark modification, you will suffer an attendance penalty that goes from X% to N%.
tayshaun22

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Personally, I don't like this idea, as it would push this game closer to hattrick and it would take some fun out of it for me. But I do understand why some people find it interesting.
On the other way, it really doesn't make sense. In MLB parks you won't find terraces or bleachers. You mainly have seats and boxes(which can be of different kinds and prices). So let's just keep it as real as possible.
AmUnRA

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
i agree with tayshaun.
Mig2012

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm not fond of this idea either.

It creates too much depth and I don't see where it helps balance the game economics.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
It might be reasonable to charge people for a ballpark re-sizing.

I'm not sure what is added to having different types of season (maybe more economic realism, but I'd like to focus more on baseball realism and have a fairly basic economic model).

Steve

Previous Page | Show All |