Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> The training   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
machicuba

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
first of all, i wanna make sure i give credit to the admin for doing the game and also i heard he is the only one working on this. that is very impresive!!. i know we are discusing new strategics for the draft, free agent, all stars selection, depth chart, new economy etc.
But if i think something that we really have to fix or change is the training option. the way I think is having option of training for rokees, AA, AAA and major league players, so every player train independly according to where they are. my point is: i'm training power since i have 5 or 6 slugers in my team but if i get a young kid that is not gonna be sluger i will lose him or i will not give him the proper attention, since i'm training other type of training, I cant change my entire traning for one kind that is rokiee (17year old) but he never gonna get to the player he will be if i give him the right type of training. if we have different types of choice for every gruop(Rokiee, AA AAA major) we really can make really good player by the time they reach 30 years all. we can program our training better :2 season training hitting in as a rokiee, 2 in AA training power and so and so. think about it admin
AmUnRA

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
you dont have to train a particular skill and even if you do it all other skills will be trained, too.
So your job is to decide which way you want to go - no need for different training classes.
machicuba

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
ok if all the skills get train. why do we have primary and secoudary training then? i think is to boost the particular skill that a player or a group of player have more potencial so they can get there faster. if i have a kid who has a good potencial to be top of the line in hitting and if i train him in hitting he will get max in one or two season but i'm training 6 guys already in power. then now? i have to give up which one. if i dont train that kid in hitting he will get there in about 4 or 5 season or maybe long, who knows. if i change my training to hitting just for him. then what? he will be a good hitter but only him will not make me win a ball game. this is my point.

We have to compare us to other online game out there that have been there for years. like hattrick, buzzer beater, GritIron and more. if they have been in there for a while it's because their format work and user like it.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Yes, this is the case. Training is much different than Hattrick and other games where you train a single skill for a handful of players and maybe others get a little cross-training or osmosis training, but that is very small. In Broken Bat, we’ve tried to simulate how a real player might develop in the minor leagues – thus a player will improve across the board based in large part on his potential.

Training focus is really to allow clubs to shape the type of team they’d like to have and to emphasis skills they think are most important overall. For example, maybe you’re a big advocate of OBP (a al Moneyball) or you believe in a strong defensive team etc. The overall bonus from primary and secondary training small is significant, but not particularly large.

The game manual touches on this, but maybe it needs a little better explanation:

Training: is primarily gained in the minor leagues and is especially effective for younger players. Even in the majors, the some training is gained. Players will get training in all categories, but a team can select a primary and second training focus for its players. These categories will receive additional training during the training cycle.

Steve

Previous Page | Show All |