Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Minor League Assignment Scout Recomendations   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
nobodyjones

Seattle Rickey
IV.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Minor League Stats have been implemented.
Suggestions on how to move forward:

1. Remove the Recommendation and let GMs decide where players should be based on Age, Skill, and Performance.

2. Improve Training logic in the Majors (or other) if the player is performing reasonably well for his age.

Updated Thursday, November 13 2014 @ 7:39:46 pm PST
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Can you elaborate more on item #2? I guess I'm not sure exactly what you mean.

Thanks,

Steve
nobodyjones

Seattle Rickey
IV.1

Broken Bat Baseball
First, I want to say that I understand why the sim stopped training these players, and restructuring the training system would be a difficult process.

I know I rushed these pitchers hoping that they would develop realistically if they were able to perform well at the Major League level. After 2 losing seasons, the players listed were able to win a title last season. After 3 RL years of seeing how many teams in Legends got there through free-agency, the rebuilding process was a risk and complete drag due to the training outcome.

These pitchers should have been able to develop more, especially last season, due to their improved performance while winning games, but their training was reduced to almost nil.

Examples of training in the Majors:

Alan Taylor: Age 26
93 SI at age 23-24
Since then, he has put up these numbers in the Majors
132 Games Pitched, 275 IP, 215 H, 92 ER, 82 BB, 241 K, 3.01 ERA
And has gained only 1 Skill Point.

Leonardo Villalobos: Age 25
91 SI at age 22-23
146 Games Pitched, 298 IP, 253 H, 88 ER, 62 BB, 177 K, 2.66 ERA
And has gained only 4 Skill points.

Sergio Tovar: Age 26
Same thing
144 Games Pitched, 320 IP, 240 H, 118 ER, 112 BB, 255 K, 3.32 ERA
4 Skill points.

Bo Peng: Age 26
Same thing
68 GS, 39 QS, 398 IP, 343 H, 158 ER, 123 BB, 271 K, 3.57 ERA, 2 time All-Star
5 Skill points.

1 Example of Scouting Recommendation:

Javier Almeida: age 23
88 SI at age 21-22
38 scorless IP to start the season, 123 IP, 79 H, 2.41 ERA
And is still recommended to play at the Single A level with 94 SI.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
So, you understand why their training was stunted (bringing them up too early) and yet you continue to do it and want Steve to change how the game trains players instead?

I actually partially agree as some guys just seem to stagnate in A ball, but the implementation you are asking for would heavily tip the favor towards the people able to get major league experience to 18 yos that really aren't ready yet.
Holmes

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
It's a trade off between letting them develop and getting whatever they can deliver right now and paying the price later. I'd say that's at least partially realistic, and it certainly is fair. I see no reason to change that. Even for those who don't understand it, the recommendations should be pretty obvious.
nobodyjones

Seattle Rickey
IV.1

Broken Bat Baseball

So, you understand why their training was stunted (bringing them up too early) and yet you continue to do it and want Steve to change how the game trains players instead?

It's a suggestion to improve the game.

It's a trade off between letting them develop and getting whatever they can deliver right now and paying the price later.

I understand how the sim works.
newtman

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Except by taking the negative of bringing guys up early away as you are suggesting the minors will become useless for anything other than a disabled list or extended roster for backups. No, that is not an improvement as you originally suggested.

An improvement would be something along the lines of a player will train at the proper level fast enough so they won't still be recommended for single or double A at 25.

Previous Page | Show All |