Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Keeping the game interesting for losers   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
lephio

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Hi guys! This year my team was so bad. So in the last month i lost interest in broken bat.

I mean, i start to lose interest exactly in the moment i couldn't sign free agents.

since i'm battling for LAST place, i just wait friday to make my draft choice. and stop.

i'm asking if we can find something nice to keep interest between the "trade deadline" and the end of the season.

i don't know exactly what.. but.. something good for "team rebuilding". something like:

signing off a veteran (32+ yo) after the deadline, it gaves you an extra draft pick. and i don't have to use it *immediately*, i can just "wait" for the right prospect week by week.

i mean.. something like that! :D
how about?
Krakonico

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
How to keep interest when you have a losing team? It's fine for me, as I know that my team has a future champion players in the minors. I come day by day to see if I can beat some of the best teams, and I did. My two stars can be bench players in better teams; my closer is a 30y pitcher with 76 SI, and he, in his first season, broke the all-time saves record of the team (30). But I love this team. :)
Den Duston

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I can understand. My team is losing so much lately,the previous owner left me a tragic team. I have to rebuild it completely.
crackit

Anchorage Lawless
IV.4

Broken Bat Baseball
September is the time to try out developing players and give them some experience just like the MLB

September call-ups[edit]
On September 1, the Major League team's roster expands from the 25-man active roster to the entire 40-man roster. At this point, any player on the 40-man roster can play for the Major League team. September call-ups are players from the minors who are playing in September to get Major League experience and, especially for teams in contention, to provide reinforcements down the stretch.

See September call ups http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_League_Baseball_rosters

Experience is a very important part of player development, you cannot rely on training alone. If you are not in contention for anything then this is the ideal time to promote some of you minor league players
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
I have done two things to try to keep the game interesting. I have made the season move along quickly so if you’re having a bad season, you can look forward to a new one in a relatively short interval. Also, I have everyone playing on the same ladder (league structure), so hopefully teams will get sorted over time and through promotion and demotion and are normally playing against similar levels of competition.

Steve

Previous Page | Show Page |