Bug Reports

Forum >> Bug Reports >> Draft glitch   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
TheoFaron

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
So this has happened to you as well within the 20 min lock period?
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
This is the first report I've seen since we implemented the draft lock some time ago.

Steve
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I've seen quite a few complaints about this. Here is some recent discussion.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Yes, its happened to many of us, myself included.
rivalmejr

Hillsboro Pikas
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I've discussed it in the past as well believe one or two seasons ago I had a player unavailable basically instantly.
rivalmejr

Hillsboro Pikas
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Adding to draft glitches, I picked the college draft pool and got entirely Latin American players.... Didn't expect to get the worst pool in the game when selecting college. Expectedly it was literally the worst board I have ever seen.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Draft Lock: Please note, when you select a draft option and are given a handful of prospects to choose from, you will have 20 minutes where you will have exclusive rights to draft those prospects. After that period expires, it is possible that another team is granted the option to draft that prospect.

I think I see what the problem is. If team A pulls their pool and doesn't make a pick in 20 minutes, the players can now be drafted by other teams. Team B pulls their pool, and gets a player from team A's pool. One minute later, team A makes their pick. That player is now no longer available for team B despite it only being 1 minute...

So in reality you aren't safe for 20 minutes because you never know if those players are on someone else's pool already.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Really the only way to protect against this would be to prevent team A from making the pick until team B's time had run out.

Either that, or make the player completely unavailable to team A once they have gone into another pool.

The first method is kinder, but the second might be a quicker fix.

Updated Sunday, August 28 2022 @ 10:47:10 am PDT
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Hmmmm...maybe it would be just better to limit people to 20 minutes to make their pick and then erase there options. Not sure -- I don't know why it should take so long.

Steve
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Sometimes you just get pulled away. Or maybe you are torn between a couple players and want to think about it.

Previous Page | Show All |