Bug Reports

Forum >> Bug Reports >> Is the 20 min "draft lock" functioning??   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
FreddyThe2nd

Tombstone Pistoleros
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Hey Steve, I don't think this was put in the bugs thread yet.

Draft Lock: Please note, when you select a draft option and are given a handful of prospects to choose from, you will have 20 minutes where you will have exclusive rights to draft those prospects. After that period expires, it is possible that another team is granted the option to draft that prospect.

Some users are reporting draft candidates disappearing very quickly. (5 minutes)
It hasn't happened to me but I've seen it reported in the draft thread many times now.
I just thought I'd log it here as a possible bug.

Thanks.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah I definitely lost a guy pretty quick in round 2. Somewhere between 5 - 10 minutes.
Ken_Kennilworth

Charleston Hawks
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
i believe the thread with the reported time problems is Draft 2nd Round found in the Discussion sub-forum.

if there is a problem (i.e.; less than 20 minutes) I personally prefer to first fix the manual to show what time is allowed and then to allow a discussion amongst the participants to decide what the time length should be reset to.

Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm pretty sure its bugged. From what others have reported the "safe" time guarantee is probably 0. Not sure it makes a lot of sense to update the manual to show the bugged time rather than the intended time.
Ken_Kennilworth

Charleston Hawks
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
@Rock - well, i think it is probably easier to update the manual than reprogram, thus the potential harm to owner/players caused by the bug is minimized because the correct info is spread. The bug may take some time to track down and fix.

And then maybe the time can be reset to something other than 20 minutes...the owner/users can give input if a discussion is held.

Updated Monday, May 30 2022 @ 4:46:39 pm PDT
bjh222

Pearland Pandas
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
I lost the player I was planning to pick in round 3 this morning in less than two minutes. Clicked on him to see his profile went back to the draft page to select him and he was gone.

This is the player:
http://brokenbat.org/player/312850

Updated Friday, June 3 2022 @ 6:36:03 am PDT
FreddyThe2nd

Tombstone Pistoleros
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Also worth mentioning (just an fyi to Steve) are more than a couple reports like the following:

Tried to draft but popped up a message saying the player wasn’t available. I hit the back button and tried picking him again and got him just fine.
mercernd

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
"Tried to draft but popped up a message saying the player wasn’t available. I hit the back button and tried picking him again and got him just fine."

I had this same scenario in the second round of the draft.

Previous Page | Show All |