Bug Reports

Forum >> Bug Reports >> Overcharged draft pool percentage…?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
AssumedPseudonym

Deerfield Beach Rats
V.7

Broken Bat Baseball
unknown.png

Updated Friday, May 20 2022 @ 11:02:27 am PDT
electriceel883

Irvine Infernos
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I noticed the same thing when I drafted. Someone said a guy on their board disappeared (well before the 20 mins was up). Maybe related
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
That happens quite often. More frequently with 1B. What happens is the game takes a count of each player in a position at the start of the season. It counted 448 Catchers. Then after the first training update, a bunch of guys gained enough Catcher position experience to gain their "c", so now there are more Catchers in the draft than started the year.

Its not really a bug so much as an implementation choice. Steve would have to make the engine recount all positions each update. That would require both counting guys in the amateurs as well as anyone who had been drafted this season. So its probably more hassle than its worth.

Updated Saturday, May 21 2022 @ 7:16:32 pm PDT
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah...I don't know exactly what the best solution to this is. This seems like the most accurate -- but maybe there needs to be an explanation of why it happens or a change of phrasing.

Steve
JJNZ

Yakima Monster
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I wouldn't bother putting any effort into it Steve- its generally only the first draft of the season, and I get a small amount of amusement out of it which is all that matters in life!
AssumedPseudonym

Deerfield Beach Rats
V.7

Broken Bat Baseball
 Honestly, I kinda agree with JJ on this one, but as someone who does bug testing on numerous other games, I wouldn’t be doing my job if I didn’t bring it up. <.< >.> ^.^;

Previous Page | Show All |