Bug Reports

Forum >> Bug Reports >> Zero pitches thrown… somehow…   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Alyksandur

Boca Raton Gryphons
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
 Here’s the game, and I have been waiting years for this one to pop up.

Reliever comes in for the top of the ninth with two outs and a runner on first. Said runner is promptly caught stealing. Reliever is the winning pitcher after a comeback in the bottom of the ninth. The fact that he won a game without throwing a pitch is amusing, but totally doable in real baseball.

I do have to ask, though: How did the runner get caught stealing if the catcher did not receive a pitch?
Ced

Denver Broncos
IV.4

Broken Bat Baseball
It was a “pickoff” attempt. BB is just a simulation.

The batter would have a new hitter’s count because of the third out. First ups next inning no balls, no strikes.

A “baseball stringer” could know a term like this. 👌 ⚾️
Alyksandur

Boca Raton Gryphons
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
 If it was actually a pickoff attempt, Chambers should have gotten the assist instead of Combs.

Yes, I realize that Broken Bat is a simulation and that this is very much a weird edge case. Edge case bugs are still bugs, and I wouldn’t be doing my job if I didn’t report one when I ran across it.

…Also for some reason Chambers is listed as a pinch runner in the fielding section of the box score…
Ced

Denver Broncos
IV.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Every scorekeeper makes mistakes. So, do you think “pr” indicated pitcher of record? Pinch runner would be different. The official scorer seems correct to list no pitches because it is the third out, just only for the box score. Play by play, it could be there were pitches or a run down. Unusual situation and interesting. 👍
lmartins6746

Asheville Aces
IV.5

Broken Bat Baseball
Yea definitely some inconsistency there as Combs is credited for throwing out the base runner.

My guess is that pitch totals are recorded at the end of the PA and since the PA didn't technically occur the pitch total was never changed. I think it is a bug but not necessarily problem.

The pr is odd. maybe a default option in the programming since he had no pitch count.

Previous Page | Show All |