Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> End this now   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
shikago

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Hey there again. I'm sincerely confused. Upon learning how you felt, I offered to do everything you wanted. Cohen was already set to unassigned yesterday. There's an offer to scrub him from the record books, if you like. Yet you're somehow angrier and even more hostile today? One would think you'd be happy. What is it that you really want then?
shikago

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
@AssumedPseudonym - You know what, I'll just retire him. Probably time for me to move on from BrokenBat as well. I'll let my team lapse into bot control soon.

Shoutout to Steve & wishing him continued success!

Hope this will finally cheer you up, afreespirit! ;) BTW, just out of curiosity what's the origin of your username? I would've initially guessed that it's something hippie adjacent prior to the past couple days, but it's got to be something very different, I'd imagine. Anyway hope things are ok with you. I know for me the times that I've been in a similar headspace as you now have been during fairly difficult real life stretches.

Anyway so long everyone! ⚾ (baseball emjoji!)

Updated Sunday, January 29 2023 @ 3:43:11 pm PST
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I think afreespirit was a bit too harsh, personally. "Griefer"? What the heck.

You are working within the game rules. I think the game's rules need to change because it is unrealistic to have a guy trotting out to the mound at 80 years old.

That's essentially my take. I was never bothered by it. Rock's take is essentially my take: Steve should update the game rules. Like I said in a prior response, I think league records are useless and have felt that for a long time, so whatever.

Sorry to see you go, Shikago. Online communities can certainly be rough these days. I know I participate less in online discussions on the 'net because people get far too bitter these days.

rivalmejr

Hillsboro Pikas
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I should have thought through my own response more. I hate the fact an 80 year old is allowed to even be played in the game. It feels like something that needs updated in the engine. Nothing against you in particular lethargy! I hope you may reconsider staying, we love having our community. And I apologize if my comment added towards any hurt or resentment you may have felt. I never want to lessen another's enjoyment of the game.
JJNZ

Yakima Monster
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
FWIW, I do hope Shikago sticks around. Veteran owners are a valuable asset in the game :)
PrivateSnowflake

Bloomington Thunder
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Now that we've bullied one veteran owner into quitting, who else should we attack to protect your record?

This thread is a great idea.

Updated Friday, February 3 2023 @ 8:11:03 am PST
jetsrock48

Davenport Cobras
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Just pointing out that at age 75, Cohen won a player of the game award. This should be celebrated.
Gophy2611

Canton Tornados
IV.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Where is the all time rankings page even located?
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
5th button from the left on the bottom of the league page. It looks like a crown with a rounded top.
GM-Paradox

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Does the rule "Mandatory Retirement -
Players 50 years or older may be retired by the game if the players are no longer viable Broken Bat players." take affect for the 2059 season?

Previous Page | Show All |