Suggestions

Forum >> Suggestions >> Tweak Game Day Simulation [Minors] to Give Guys Like This More IP   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Steve,

I know this has been brought up off and on over the years, but I'm going to dredge it up again. Guys like this are too difficult to gauge without some minor league IP. Most IP in a season is 12? Didn't get IP even in amateurs? Let's be honest: this is problematic for several reasons.

1. When they aren't getting IP in the minors, which is completely out of our control, the lack of control is accentuated. We do NOT feel like we're in control of our team, by extension. Instead, we have to watch the sparse innings the AI gives out and hope we can get a glimpse of their true potential. In real-life, we'd have more control and give them more IP in the minors. Here? No control, and when the AI gives 'em nothing, we feel even MORE like we have no control.

2. There may be a subset of these players that actually turn out to be pretty good players, but a majority of us just toss them aside out of frustration, because we don't want to (or _can't afford to_) save a slot for a player we can't more effectively gauge.

Seriously, what will it take to get these stragglers a few more AB/IP? I speculate Norris may be a useful pitcher, but it's increasingly tough to make the call and hang on to players like this.

Updated Saturday, November 19 2022 @ 11:03:50 am PST
electriceel883

Irvine Infernos
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Ive heard that some put them at a level lower than they are recommended to get them some work and the put them in correct level before update. Personally I havent had it come up to much, but Spring can be quite informative as well
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball

Ive heard that some put them at a level lower than they are recommended to get them some work and the put them in correct level before update.

But should we have to do that? Steve, I add item three:

3. We shouldn't have to move players down a level to get them innings, then move them back up before the Friday update, just to both log innings and gain experience appropriately.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, that's what I do. It works, but its definitely a pain. Plus its weird because they are gather stats in A but experience in AA.

Previous Page | Show All |