Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Should I release this guy   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Erkuza

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
He's really not a good hitter at all. His skill index is inflated by his speed and fielding skills. But at only a 50k salary I see no reason to release him.
Sweetness

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Crunchtime,I'm in division VI just like you.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
You could keep him as a defensive replacement, but at this point, I doubt he'll ever hit for much average.

Steve
Ainsoph

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I would definitely keep him. He'll still get a little better with some more experience plus he's only 26. You could try platooning him to play only against right handed pitchers and as a defensive replacement against LHP.
Crunchtime

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
As was said, it depends. Do you have better hitters players that you need to make space for? You can't expect much for an average out of him, plain and simple. Do remember Erkuza is in Legends, I'm in 6th. This guy wouldn't be a ball boy on Legends teams expect for maybe as a defensive replacement. On my team, he'd be the 3rd best SI. I also happen to be partial to speed as a stat and even if it was more average, he'd still end up high-90s.

If you need him, keep him. If you have better, get rid of him.
afreespirit

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Keep him. He may not hit well, but he has a high plate discipline which should give him a decent OBP. Put him in the bottom third of the order and see how it goes.

He is also a excellent centre fielder.
ianheath653

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
In your situation in D6, with that fielding and speed, I'd definitely keep him for late inning purposes. Then again, I also tend to look for plate discipline first when considering players, and you might be wanting to put your team together in a different manner.
Sweetness

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Look at this guy,Ricardo Cineros,he's a very good hitter and he only has a plate dicipline of 9 and he's hitting .292 in his career.
Here's the player:http://brokenbat.org/player/43854
MinersRule

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
What should I do with this player.He is in Rookie Level in my farm system and he is 23. Should I release him or promote him to A?
Here is the player: http://brokenbat.org/player/77272
Ainsoph

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
you have to promote him. In his description it says he's learned all he can at that level. At 23 he should be in AA at least.

Previous Page | Show All |