Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Too many, too few   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
crackit

Anchorage Lawless
IV.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I am no expert and could not find a definitive definition of save opportunities, but wikipedia states

A pitcher who enters the game in a save situation and does not finish the game—but his team still leading—is not charged with a save opportunity.

, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Save_(baseball)

If that is the case would the pitcher in question would be credited with a hold and the next pitcher picks-up the save opportunity as only one save can be awarded per game, to the pitcher that finishes it.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
At present, we don’t track save opportunities -- just saves and blown saves. Are there some save opportunities that don’t result in save or blown saves?

Steve
rainsilent

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
It's the MLB's number which is mindboggling.
Highest point i history.
The MLB amount of Ks might regress at any time, or maybe not since nobody can figure the reason WHY it happens.

I don't claim to know for sure but the current hitting mentality being spread of swinging away for hits I would think to be a big contributor. Its the swing for a hit and if you miss than it is no different than any other out that I am referring to.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Odd…you’d think the current Moneyball influence on MLB would push guys towards walking and taking more pitches and not being such free swingers.

Steve
Crunchtime

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Players get bigger contracts for their batting average, not their OBP. From a player standpoint, they would rather hit .280 with a .320 OBP than hit .250 with a .350 OBP. Hits get more extra bases and than RBIs anyday, still the mark of a 'good hitter' with the old boys network.

Moneyball wins extra games but free swingers, high averages and homers puts butts in seats.
AmUnRA

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball

At present, we don’t track save opportunities -- just saves and blown saves. Are there some save opportunities that don’t result in save or blown saves?

Steve

holds of course. a save opportunity but not eligable for a save because another player pitches after him and gets the save or another hold. it is possible to have about 6 players with save opportunities but only 1 save and 5 holds. Or a blown save + win and another new save opp. after this.
JK13

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Way too many outfield assists
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball

I agree with this...its something we're going to look into with the next set of game engine modifications.

Thanks for the input,

Steve
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball

I agree with this...its something we're going to look into with the next set of game engine modifications.

Thanks for the input,

Steve
JK13

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Sounds good man. Thanks for all your hard work. It's a great game.

Previous Page | Show All |