Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Is the admin’s team to good?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Sweetness

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
You should keep the team the way it is.
crackit

Anchorage Lawless
IV.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Steve

By all means dismantle your team if you wish, but I wish you could have done this the week before knocking me out of the cup; not the week after.

After game 1 I felt quietly confident of progressing too. Oh well, there is always next season...

Seriously though, you don't charge us to play and clearly state on the home page

Broken Bat is still in development and started beta testing in 2010.

I have no problem with you testing BrokenBat as a player because as you say this is the only way to validate the experience we get.

Good luck in the cup, but let me win next time won't you.
Krakonico

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
May I be the only one with the judgement here? Yes Steve, dismantle your team, but just one minute before you hit the BIG RESET ALL PLAYERS AND TEAMS KEY :P
Mig2012

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball

BTW, I’ve built this team almost completely with high school draftees, so it is possible to be a good team without massive waiver/free agent acquisitions.

Steve,

You definitely proved that, but you also proved this strategy is slower. It took you 9 seasons to get to Div II from Div VI.

Saratoga reached Legends from Div VI in only 5 seasons.

My opinion about your team, if you're enjoying it, keep playing the same way you have so far. Don't think anyone here really minds that much.

It's another challenge within the challenge, to beat admin's team. ;)
msigg6

Bay City Lions
IV.6

Broken Bat Baseball
imho, I got no problems with you barging into Legends League Steve. I mean the Legends League is for the best, and I think you're one of the best. Even if people say the game is advantage towards you doesnt mean that you can't have fun.

I do like the idea that you've taken to place--signing High School Draftees. I've done the complete opposite (and easier) way to get to the top, but what makes this game fun is that even if you sign a whole bunch of players--you are not definitely a champ. If you look in real life for example, The Miami Heat were deemed to be NBA Champs when they got the Big 3. In their first year though, they lost. If you look at LA Lakers, they got D12 and Nash to team up with Kobe...that ended up horrible. You got many ways to win this game, and I appreciate that.

I've got my own little young squad of my own about to promote to Major Ball in a season. I hope to have some good series with ya in LL.
Solana_Steve

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I guess I don't have to worry about winning the cup this season.

Thanks Thunder Bay!

Steve

Updated Monday, November 11 2013 @ 3:50:24 pm PST
MrTwoPlums

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Just trying to do my part.
But you'll need to keep your team intact I think. We'll have to try for the rubber match next season.
tetrahydroc

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball

think the most important answer to this questions lies in the team's history.

http://brokenbat.org/history/4

If you've been playing this team since the beginning of Broken Bat, you've taken the team from a .338 winning record to where it is now. And I don't see any issue with it. The only potential conflict of interest I'd see is on any adjustments you make to the league. From the comments, it appears as if you sometimes make adjustments to however the league runs. If that's the case, you may have access to some specific information that others don't when it comes to these adjustments. A skeptic (which I am not one of) may also have an issue with the fact that you have access to the OOTP files and can test other things, see what works, what doesn't work, and then incorporate some of those things into how you build your team. An easy way around this (outside of giving up your team, which I absolutely don't think should happen), would be allow others to download their league files and import it into OOTP themselves (You know, I'm not even positive you use OOTP? Assume this what the ship runs on) - Though I'm not sure that's something you want to do or can do.

Just a few thoughts.

is it ootp you use as a backend steve? i woulda never thought that.
i love ootp its easily the best text based sim out there.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
I wrote the game engine...we don't use an outside program for the simulations.

Steve
tetrahydroc

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
thats what i thought, and its a very good sim.
i saw that and wondered

Previous Page | Show All |