Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Poll: Reset Game?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Minnie Miñoso

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
If the game is too complex or requires too much time for you, go play Angry Birds. No seriously, there are lots of casual games out there. I don't spend enormous amounts of time here and yet I've done quite well. I was stuck at the entry level for several seasons, but I've advanced each of the last two. I like scouring the wire not just for those 120 SI players, but for 20 year olds with potential. I like scouting the opponent and adjust my lineup accordingly and so on. Yes, it does take some time, but it's fun to try to outwit and yes even outwork your opponents. Once again, there are many games out there in all degrees of complexity and difficulty. You should be able to find one that suits you. If this game gets too simple for me I will not bitch and moan, I'll find another. I'm grateful that Steve put it together and respect his right to take it in whatever direction he wants and to cater to whichever class of player he wants to. Polite suggestions? Sure. Hysterical demands? Please!
Ainsoph

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
A reset is a legitimate response to what happened. As a lower tier team, I would benefit from it. But I would also miss the work that I've put into my current team. Steve already said it wasn't happening. But I feel like it will happen eventually. This game is still in Beta. Games like that get reset all the time.
Krakonico

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I have an split decision on this:

In favor of the reset: This whole bug dismantled what I was trying to do with my team, some key players got a big raise in their salary and I needed to control the whole pay in order to be out of red. Last season with control I got the first season with profits, and I estimated that in the next one will get out of the red line and start to build my team with the rookies of the minors until I have money (and the income) to afford better players. With the season being so quickly it got me 2 millions in debt that if the season is going to continue I will have to spend two more seasons with my hands tied up.

Against the reset: If there is a reset I will lose those players in my minor leagues with good and very good potential, and some of them will be key players in my team in the near future.

My answer, I don't care if there is a reset or not.
Mig2012

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
@Minnie Miñoso

Unlike you, I have a critical mind and I’m vocal about it. If I see something I don’t like, I say it and I make suggestions on how to improve or correct it.

Also, unlike what you’re saying, I don’t make hysterical demands. For your information, just because you and others go hysterical when you read my suggestions, doesn’t mean my suggestions are hysterical demands.

My suggestions are just common sense and are aimed for the betterment of this game, so much so that reasonable and intelligent people like Steve have accepted some of those suggestions and changes were made.

With the recent change on the waiver system, this game is not fundamentally about time put in anymore, something that pleases me, so there is no need for me to go play angry birds or any other game.

It’s obvious to me you’re not pleased with the changes, but, since you’re apologist of people leaving games they don’t like, well, in that case, I suggest you follow your own advice and do just that.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Please let’s keep the discussion civil.

I have been keeping tabs on the thread and appreciate all the feedback. But if you disagree with people, all you need do is state your point of view without any judgments about those you disagree with.

Thanks,

Steve
danielpaton

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
mig , i see you are big on fairness for all regardless of intangibles. I have a few questions for you that are of interest to me.

If i were to try and legislate against people over 6foot playing basketball because they are too tall , would you be on my side. Similarly
i think its outrageous that left handed batters perform better in baseball in general. This is so UNFAIR , theres no SKILL involved in that! Just because they were born left handed. I think we should not allow them to play. Or perhaps expand the strike zone against leftys perhaps , this would make the playing fielder fairer for all. In my opinion of course.

Updated Thursday, October 3 2013 @ 12:00:29 pm PDT
crackit

Anchorage Lawless
IV.4

Broken Bat Baseball
5 – Definitely No
msigg6

Bay City Lions
IV.6

Broken Bat Baseball
It happens.

There's lots of decent FAs that can be salvaged still in the market. lets just hope to get those guys....

I also hope that the FA system will be switched to where the "wheel" doesn't favor one team (thinking price is right right now) the wheel should be equal, and its pieces should be evenly divided amoung the x amount of teams who claimed the guy.

other then that,

IT HAPPENS DEAL WITH IT

Mig2012

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
@daniel

None of those cases applies to you. You’re not a 6 foot tall basketball player, and you're not a left handed batter. You’re just someone with time to put in.

The analogy that matters to your case is this:

Every batter, good or bad, left or right handed, gets 3 or 4 at bats every game. No batter gets 30 or 40 at bats just because he has more time to put in.
JK13

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
No

Previous Page | Show All |