Forum >> Discussions >> 2058 Draft, R2   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
* My first rounder
* My second rounder

Another crummy board for round two. Best I could do was a right-handed batting version of my first round pick. Meh.
electriceel883

Irvine Infernos
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
All 11's. Right handed.

https://brokenbat.org/player/310781

Totally not a position of need either. I anticipate he could become an excellent hitter, and pop POT, but to do anything I need? Unlikely
tamale

Concord Jets
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Chauncey Pollard.

This has been an all-time draft season so far. First time I've ever seen a 16 POT on a draft board in my 24th season here. McNeely did rise from 15 to 16, but then never reached 128 SI. Pollard looks certain to go in the other direction (he could end up a corner IF with a 13-14 hit tool), but I'm always happy with any major league talent so this is a big bonus.
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Had in mind to go OFer, and followed through even though 20% of them had already been fished out.

Dreary board. Almost half the options had single digit range. Only a couple with "good" hitting.

Pass.
amalric7

New York Lancers
V.4

Broken Bat Baseball
I had - wonder of wonders! - two very goods on my board! Both 12pots but still.

I went catcher in the 1st round, so what was the first guy that stood out on this board? A catcher! Very good hit, above average slugger - hit 24 homers in 172 games at a community college, so chances are he's a flyball hitter to boot (even if the 15 Arm won't play at C).

But I passed, which I may regret. The guy I did pick hit only 10 homers in 283 games, but Jurado has the profile for more.
nemesis

Brooklyn Dodgers
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
College be poppin'. Dodgers welcome Fajardo!
El jefe

Urbana Cubs
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Lot of 12-14 POT on the SS board but nobody with any strong comments so had to settle for this guy who should be a good fielder but I'll probably release soon

http://brokenbat.org/player/327705
coachwannabe

Tuskegee Red Tails
V.2

Broken Bat Baseball
* My first rounder
* My second rounder

Excited to get this guy. He's a 13 POT, but being at 76 SI already at only 16 years old, I'm hoping he might jump to 14 POT.

Happy with how my first draft since returning to BB has played out.
jclemen2

Mount Prospect Skeletons
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
I always hate picking from the pitching pool but that feels like my biggest need. Pretty sad looking board with maybe 1 or 2 good or 12 potentials. I went with Yasmany Cruz, 11 and above average. His scouting report seemed the most attractive with Major League Curveball and Fastball, plus his fielding, range, and stamina are low so hopefully that leads to somewhere around 15s for each of his pitching skills. 7/6/6/7 pitch skills now, so hopefully they all increase to that range.

Fajardo and Pollard look amazing from the comments above!

Updated Friday, January 13 2023 @ 8:45:48 am PST
Brewnoe

Fall River Naughty Dawgs
IV.5

Broken Bat Baseball
I decided to go region instead of position for the first time in awhile.

Nomar luck.

Julio Baez might be a back-up to Cermak some day. Narrow window.

Previous Page | Show All |