Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Pitcher friendly ballpark?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Frankebasta

Kodiak Mules
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I just recently took over a team in this game.
Since I feel like my SPs have a bit low on Stamina, I'd like to help them by re-designing the ballpark to the effect of lowering Batters' abilities.

What can I do?

As I understand this game, I should use:
Grass
Large Foul Territory
Large outfield dimension with a good range outfielders?
or it is better to decrease xbase hits with a short porch, but a high wall?

Else?

Also, I'd like to know if it is possible in this game, and if anybody ever tried, to yank a SP after just 1 or 2 innings of play, effectively playing without a SP, but scattering innings thought the whole pitching staff, in order to keep 'em all fresh.

I'd like to hear experienced managers' opinions...
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
What can I do?

Basically, you can change the ballparks surface, dimensions, wall heights and foul territory. So you covered everything.

Increasing dimensions cuts down home runs, but may lead to more hits overall. Wall height will generally cut down the number of home runs.

Else?

Also, I'd like to know if it is possible in this game, and if anybody ever tried, to yank a SP after just 1 or 2 innings of play, effectively playing without a SP, but scattering innings thought the whole pitching staff, in order to keep 'em all fresh.

There is a minimum hook (5) and pitch count (75) for starting pitchers – so you can’t really yank your starter after just one inning.

Steve
AmUnRA

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
but dont forget you are also lowering your own batter abilities and strengthen opponents pitching :D
Frankebasta

Kodiak Mules
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball

but dont forget you are also lowering your own batter abilities and strengthen opponents pitching

the plan would be to sign (if possible ;) ) Batters with an high PD, in order to increase Walks.
Just like the Oakland A's from the movie Moneyball ;)
Frankebasta

Kodiak Mules
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm wondering if there's an hidden player attribute for Hitters' L/R split.

Or is it a fixed value for everyone, and the difference in stats are the result of opposing Pitcher faced and random?

The point is, is there any predictability over next season's splits?

PS: I meant to create a new thread, but it cannot be done. This message was shown over and over again:
Sorry, the system was unable to create your new thread.

Previous Page | Show All |