Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Injury Bug   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Jerbeetwo

Tyler Goldendoodles
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Is there an injury bug in Broken Bat? This guy was injured quite a bit last season. It's just from recollection, no facts. But this Spring Training he was injured 5 times all in the 1-3 day time frame and it seemed that as soon as he came back another one hit. Well he just got healthy for Opening Day and he just got hurt again. It's short but it is getting really aggravating. I have nothing against injuries in the game since it definitely is a part of baseball but this guys medical bills are adding up. I guess we should be glad it isn't part of Finances.
http://brokenbat.org/player/287528
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
"Fatigue" is a special type of short term injury (1-3 days) that only effects Catchers. Catchers can get injured just like everyone else, but then they also have an additional chance to get "Fatigue". Its supposed to emulate the fact that Catchers can rarely go every night, and most teams require a second Catcher on the team who can play on occasion to rest the primary Catcher.

So its a feature not a bug ;)
Jerbeetwo

Tyler Goldendoodles
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
That makes sense but maybe the setting is a little too tight? Big league catchers can generally catch two to three games in a row. A lot of times they get rested for day games after night games so I do get the fatigue factor. Just let a guy catch two or three games before getting "fatigued". Especially when they are not in their 30's yet?
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
It could certainly be implemented a bit cleaner. Right now its completely random. So sometimes you get super unlucky and the guy gets "Fatigued" multiple times in a row. Sometimes you can go a whole year without him ever getting "fatigued". So mostly just a bad luck thing.

I had proposed a full fledge fatigue system in the past.

Another way it could be tighten up could just be to reset a counter each time they get fatigued, and don't let it happen again until the counter hits 12 games or something.
Jerbeetwo

Tyler Goldendoodles
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I like that idea and wouldn't even mind if the timer was set at maybe 4-5 games for a catcher. It isn't realistic to expect a catcher to catch everyday but my guy has struggled to catch 2 days in a row.
electriceel883

Irvine Infernos
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Pretty sure McCann was an all-lineup C in 2055. He played in 118 games...which I think is probably max you can expect from one guy. If you have platoon C, YMMV
Ced

Denver Broncos
IV.4

Broken Bat Baseball
It is a feature, plus 1 to that *beep*. I notice it turned into talk about Catcher injuries. I played catcher for four seasons of baseball. Catchers take a hell of a beating. I was always getting treatment. You're crouching the entire time, balls in the dirt, foul tips in the unmentionables part of the body, and mental fatigue of calling the game and selecting every pitch from the pitcher and knowing the other team's batters and tendencies. Some of the (*all of the) bullpen guys were mentally nuts as well and supporting them as teammates is taxing. You'd have to be crazy in order to wanna pitch in the high stress final innings. Catchers need off days to devour Big League Chew (grape), I can tell you. Catchers are like a football quarterback, in a way. Depends on the Manager and their approach, but the teams I was on, they just let you fight it out and call the game your way.

So they are some things to think about as far as simulating catcher fatigue here in BB, somewhere along them lines.

As for BB, Denvy Catchers in the last 10 years, the starters have been healthy and available to be written into the starting lineup for 85% of the games, as a ballpark figure. Just checked.

So, seeing the Fatigue +2 injury is fair enough by the gamemaster design IMO ;)

Previous Page | Show All |