Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> West Ladder is More Difficult to Climb than the East   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Ced

Denver Broncos
IV.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Legends West ballclubs versus Legends East ballclubs (divisional comparison) results in the Legends League playoffs.

2001-2057
West ballclubs have won 30 pennants. East ballclubs have won 27 pennants.

Both LL West and LL East have had LL pennant winning streaks of 4.

2001-2010 LL playoff results
West 5 wins, East 5 wins.

2011-2020 LL playoff results
West 6 wins, East 4 wins.

2021-2030 LL playoff results
East 7 wins, West 3 wins.

2031-2040 LL playoff results
West 8 wins, East 2 wins.

2041-2050 LL playoff results
West 5 wins, East 5 wins.

2051-2057 LL playoff results
East 4 wins, West 3 wins.

Is the West ladder more difficult of a climb than the East in Broken Bat? What are your experiences?
Ken_Kennilworth

Charleston Hawks
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
By Ladder do you mean pathway from LL VI to Legends? Or just Legends has stronger teams in one region and that region is harder to win/place well in?

Also, by difficult you mean tighter groupings/closer finishes amongst the teams in a division? (more competitive)

OR do you mean more wins are needed to take the division crown because one region wins the interdivision play?

Updated Thursday, December 29 2022 @ 5:49:58 pm PST
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Being in the East, I can say my experience has been climbing the East ladder is a lot tougher (in part because I have never tried to climb the West ladder ;)).

But really playoffs it the wrong thing to look at. That is a short 1v1 series. Not really indicative of a whole division. Interleague (or interdivision) records are a much better measure. In the leagues I have played in the East more typically wins interleague.

Looking at playoffs is just the top team in the West vs the top team in the East. It doesn't tell you much about the ladder to the top.

Updated Thursday, December 29 2022 @ 7:12:06 pm PST
PrivateSnowflake

Bloomington Thunder
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Oooo! A pissing contest! :D EAST RULEZ WEST DROOLZ

My beloved Thunder (E) are 1-2 vs West (AND CED!) in LL finals. And we all know my clubs were superior despite coming up short. So this will end up sounding like Vanderbilt fans chanting, "SEC! SEC! SEC!"

Top 25 rated clubs:
East 15 - West 10 (Boulder highest West club at #7)

But that's not a good metric, imo because higher-rated clubs are playing higher-rated clubs so wins and losses shouldn't be as painful (SEC! SEC! SEC! :) )

Power Index? Again just top 25 so tiny sample size:
East 14 - West 11.

How about 26-50?
West 13 - East 12. Oooo!

So top 50 is East 26 - West 24 CLEAR SUPERIORITY.

I know that's a terrible historical metric, but a win is a win is a win and I'll spin it any way I have want to :)

Updated Friday, December 30 2022 @ 6:21:00 am PST
Ced

Denver Broncos
IV.4

Broken Bat Baseball
There are metrics everywhere. The world series' in BB are unquestionable facts though, so I compiled those numbers to see what's what.

The West is staying hydrated. West BB is the Best in BB.

Updated Friday, December 30 2022 @ 10:22:57 am PST
Ken_Kennilworth

Charleston Hawks
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Well maybe the West is more difficult overall...my experience is the East wins more interdivision games each year at the levels i've progressed through, although only a few (300 games interdivision played each year, with the east usually going 15-20 games over break-even, not many really, but consistent)...perhaps my channel just had more involved owners that raised slightly the level of competitiveness above that of my western opponents.

Updated Friday, December 30 2022 @ 1:28:42 pm PST
Jerbeetwo

Tyler Goldendoodles
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I have been on the right hand side of the pyramid on my way up from LL6 to Legends. My experience all the way up was that generally I felt it was tougher in the West to graduate based on more competitive teams fighting in tighter races. In many of my league finishes it seemed like the East winner had less competition for their division title and won their races more easily. Also in most years the West won the interdivisional battle.

But now that I have reached Legends I must concede the East appears better here to start the season.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
East ladder is definitely the hardest. Interleague is both fact, and far more informative than a single series between only two teams. Not only is the series an incredible small sample set, its also only comparing two teams and completely ignoring the other 10 teams that make up the league.

Previous Page | Show All |