Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> should this guy skip AAA?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
sross78

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
http://brokenbat.org/player/73762

should he be in my starting lineup all of next season? he will be 24 already as a college draftee but likely pegged as a AAA player???

i think i could just stick him in the 9 hole and hope he gets better.

Updated Thursday, September 12 2013 @ 1:25:48 pm PDT
Crunchtime

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Depends on your needs. He'll be good, but the problem I see is it'll be likely he's not ready for that level of competition. It seems like that lowers your average by 30-40 points or so. Given the 6 hitting, he may struggle to hit .200. I'd keep him in the minors myself unless he's an obvious upgrade to what you have.
admin

Administrator
Broken Bat Baseball
Booker Reynolds

I'm guessing that until his Hitting improves, he will struggle to hit for much average.

Steve
sross78

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
would promoting him and sticking him in the 9 hole accelerate his development?

or better just to let him stay in the minors
Ainsoph

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
You could call him up when someone gets injured and send him back to AAA when the starter comes back. That way he's training and gaining experience.
sross78

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
well i figured if he hit .150 and 10-12 homers in the 9 hole, i could stomach it for season but only if it actually accelerates his development.

i think it would be best to see if he gets his hitting to a 10 before promoting him.

also, i have my primary training as hitting but he has not increased at all in that :(

Updated Friday, September 13 2013 @ 7:34:23 am PDT
AmUnRA

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
if he will ever hit 10 hitting skill?

you could try to let him play in 9th hole and demote him on thursday or friday before training every week - this is some micromanagement but this might be the option to push him a little bit faster.

Previous Page | Show All |