Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> 2056 Draft Round 2   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
tamale

Concord Jets
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
I'm also in the SS hunt - have almost no impact defenders in my minors, so I decided to reach in the second round. Went for the SS pool, which I don't think is a good idea in general (never draft for need...). It didn't work, got a viable defender but not exactly a MLB player (and not really any better than the FA options). I have a ton of roster spots so I'll keep him for now, but hope for an upgrade in due course.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I do wish drafting for need worked a little bit better. You are guaranteed that they have some position experience at least, but position experience is assigned (apparently) completely randomly, so most guys playing SS in the amateurs' really have no business even playing SS in T-ball.
electriceel883

Irvine Infernos
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
If I am going to dip in the small pools I do it very early. Not going to be much there later. In 2053 I was in bad shape. Rodriguez had his crappy range/arm, Zavala was still in the minors, and a then-waiver claim of George who wasnt really a SS. So I went SS pool picks one and two and got

https://brokenbat.org/player/294901
https://brokenbat.org/player/301982

Not to say they dont have their flaws: Nadeau looks to be a low average power hitter like Zavala, Gomez a hitting SS with decent but not exciting range/arm. But with all of them together I feel good about what I have. Gomez taking over at 2B for Nakajima and Zavala at SS until Nadeau is ready.

Thinking about 2B pool next week. What I dont have is good options from the right side. Which should be easy to find in the pool. Shanks has not been good at all.

Geech

San Luis Obispo Turtles
IV.8

Broken Bat Baseball
Gomez looks great to me. I would happily play that defensive build at short.
electriceel883

Irvine Infernos
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Zav's 15/15/20 is the SS in primary lineups lol
Geech

San Luis Obispo Turtles
IV.8

Broken Bat Baseball
Zavala is a nice player, too, especially because of his LH bat, but I think I actually prefer Gomez' defensive build. I think arm is probably the least valuable attribute for SS.
electriceel883

Irvine Infernos
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
I plan to play them together as Gomez replaces aging Nakajima at 2B at some point
texasoutlaw89

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
https://brokenbat.org/player/294419

Not bad for a pitcher in the 2nd round. I expect his pot to drop to 13, but he's got a good base set as far as velo and movement go, and that's the main thing I look for on pitchers.
electriceel883

Irvine Infernos
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
It wont. He's 23. Not to say he will ever get into 14 range SI, but the number is not going to drop
amalric7

New York Lancers
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
I had two lefty pitchers on my board, a 14pot and a 12pot who both looked like 13pots. I went with the latter because he had the better report - pity he didn't go to Vanderbilt. Adds to our long list of slightly above average arms.

Previous Page | Show All |