Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> 2056 Draft Round 1   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
@Rock: g10rsh's post about a SS ... _^ *wince*

@g10rsh: What pool did you pull from, out of curiosity?

Updated Friday, August 5 2022 @ 5:22:10 pm PDT
g10rsh

Champaign Suzumebachi
VI.2

Broken Bat Baseball
I usually pull from the any non pitcher pool for the first few rounds. Just because I find pitchers are less about build and more about the stats they show when playing (WHIP, GB/FB, etc) and generally are easier to scout/find on waivers when they have some minor league record to go on top of their Amateur/Overseas stats.

(Take all advice with the grain of salt that ive been stuck in LLVI for what feels like forever haha)
PMurphy17

Greensboro Blue Jays
V.16

Broken Bat Baseball
http://brokenbat.org/player/302257

Odd I just released my only other 15 POT drafted player ever a few days ago due to age decline.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I usually don't draft for pitchers either for the same reason. Too easy to find decent pitchers on waivers. Not to say I won't draft one if I see a good one on my board, but I've never drafted from the pitcher pool.

If I need immediate help I sometimes draft Asian. If I am in solid shape I usually draft Highschool. And if I have a couple holes coming up I usually draft College. I usually draft from the Latin pool in the later rounds.

I've tried the SS without much luck. Most of the best skill players I have drafted came out of the 1B pool.
Jerbeetwo

Tyler Goldendoodles
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I have never had good luck drafting from the Pitcher or Shortstop pool. Lately I have had a good run from the High School pool except this season's player was a bit of a drop off from previous first rounds. I think I have tried college pool a few times and it was hit or miss. I have tried the Asian pool twice. The first time I got a serviceable starter to use right away and the second time stunk so I have not gone back. What all of this is worth for anyone else I honestly don't know. lol
scowley75

Davis Devils
V.12

Broken Bat Baseball
Had to choose between this guy and an 11 POT / 17 year old with an 81 SI. Went with the higher ceiling guy.

Guessing he's not a great option at C, but not a terrible start with Round One.

https://brokenbat.org/player/316954
rivalmejr

Hillsboro Pikas
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
https://brokenbat.org/player/295372

We ended up going with a high POT 2B. I don't think personally he is our answer at second base for the future but think he can be a very good OF. if everything develops correctly he should be a good Hit/Pow guy with the range to cover alot of ground in the burrows. I think I am going to try to train him in most of the IF positions as well, become a utility guy when needed

Updated Monday, August 8 2022 @ 7:16:14 am PDT
Ced

Denver Broncos
IV.4

Broken Bat Baseball
Went high school and drafted a 15 pot center fielder.
http://brokenbat.org/player/314360
texasoutlaw89

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
@Scowley I would definitely be trying to switch him to the outfield or maybe 3b. His arm isn't strong enough to stick around at catcher.

Brewnoe

Fall River Naughty Dawgs
IV.5

Broken Bat Baseball
SS was over 100% so I went for it.
Whatta board?
4x14, 1x13, 3x12, 2x11

The 14s
1 - 20yo 86si 14rng/19arm: decent slugger / amazing / AA
No hitting comment, projected 2 pot decline, next.

2 - 20yo 82si 19rng/12arm: decent slugger / 20spd (20steals) / outstanding / VG
No hitting comment again?

3 - Patrick Parisi
Looking at my 3B replacements, maybe shoulda.

4 - Bottom of the list, with 0.4 ss skill ...
T.J. "The Joker" Heath

Previous Page | Show All |