Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Spacing out age in Minors + Minors P/IP split?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
JV-Tosshin

Biloxi Thresher Sharks
V.15

Broken Bat Baseball
Yeah, so just curious if anyone thinks about trying not to have too many players of the same type come through at the same time?

It's just that I suddenly realised that I have something like 9 pitchers between the age of 19 and 21 in my minors, and that feels like it could be a mistake.

For that matter, does anyone play with any sort of rules for how many pitchers vs. hitters they have in their farms?
electriceel883

Irvine Infernos
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I have some general guidelines. Usually if X player can legitimately replace someone by the time they decline without wasting too much time sitting in AAA or other places. So if there is no realistic path, I wont keep someone.
PrivateSnowflake

Bloomington Thunder
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Wow, JVT complaining about having too much pitching. I kid! I kid!

Seriously though, all those guys won't make the show at the same time based on SI. Plus, you have to figure some just won't pan out for what ever reason.

Now if you need to free up some roster space for future picks/claims, that would be where I could begin culling the herd.
JV-Tosshin

Biloxi Thresher Sharks
V.15

Broken Bat Baseball
Hey, I mean, I got overly worried a few seasons ago because all my best pitchers basically turned 30 at the same time, so I basically starting hoarding every pitching prospect I could find.

But yeah, I guess it's not the biggest worry I have, but thanks for the input :)

Previous Page | Show All |