Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Pitch count default too long?   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Crunchtime

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
I think I'm seeing a trend where my starters are getting rocked around 5th/6th/7th. It seems to be right around their pitch count limit if the hook isn't being triggered for early relief.

A good example is Mathewson in his last game:
http://brokenbat.org/game/1024091 His hook is 5 and a Pitch Count defaulting to 130.

This *seems* to happen fairly frequently to the point where I start to cringe around the 6th in tight games where my starter is still in. Normally either my pitcher or my opponents give up big innings right then, which would make sense if they're dead tired but haven't hit the pitch count.

Matthewson has a 16 Stamina and a PC of 130 seems very high by major league standards, normally I think Managers start getting the hook ready around 90-100. Lincecum's recent no hitter had him up to 149 and they worried it might ruin him for the rest of the season. Kershaw can hit 130 but he's Kershaw.

Have you seen similar things? Is the default pitch count too high and should be manually trimmed down?

Previous Page | Show All |