Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Trades   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
JD

Simi Valley Pirates
IV.7

Broken Bat Baseball
Just curious...has there ever been any discussion of implementing trades in the game?
AssumedPseudonym

Deerfield Beach Rats
V.7

Broken Bat Baseball
 Frequently. Ensuring fairness to both teams and preventing cheating are major issues, and Steve has plenty on his plate to poke at already. Trading doesn’t seem to be a particularly high priority.
lostraven

Corvallis Ravens
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
What AP said. Many, many discussions. End consensus is almost always "tons of work, no way to make it fair and prevent abuse/cheating."
Jerbeetwo

Tyler Goldendoodles
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I play this game because of the no trading. I play another like game with trading and the sharking cheating is excessive. My enjoyment would drop by 50% if trading were implemented. But I doubt I would leave. This engine works so much better than the other one.
electriceel883

Irvine Infernos
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I agree. I know why people want to trade (i.e. big logjams at one position), but I dont think theres any way it would be workable.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
I would love to trade, but I believe its impossible to implement without people cheating. We already have a history of people cheating where small loop holes exist. Trading would create large loop holes. So I just imagine the waiver system as a proxy for trading. Scranton has been a reliable trade partner for Haverhill for many seasons as we often seem to swap players over waivers :)
JohnnyBoi62

Florissant Falcons
VI.21

Broken Bat Baseball
I basically traded lees for garvin with Joliet this off-season. Looking forward to seeing if lees can help me out at 3B and garvin apparently needed a change of scenery so hope he likes it over there!

Previous Page | Show All |