Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> 2054 DOPE Rankings   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Jayhawker

Lawrence Hawks
II.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Hey all, trying a new format for the DOPE rankings – let me know what you think! HERE is the direct download link, and for those not acquainted with DOPE rankings or in need of a refresher [here] is the origins of DOPE thread.

There are two tabs I envisioned would be interesting to most, the rank quick view tab & historical perspective tab. The rank tab shows the typical format for the Top 125 teams according to DOPE for 2054 & the Top 100 for All-Time. The historical perspective tab is interactive in that changing the Team ID dropdown (your Team ID is found by accessing the ‘Club’ view) will change the data displayed. A quick clarification on the different displays:
  • Hi/Lo/Avg for both DOPE & All - Time are displayed in a tabular format
  • The percentile chart (probably incorrect terminology, apologies to the statisticians in the group) illustrates the selected team’s accrued points against the accrued points for the most successful franchise. This is to show how far away you are from the top from an accrued points perspective. Rank only tells a portion of the story as the gaps between accrued points grow as you ascend the ranks. Hovering over will show a tooltip that includes the percent.
  • The graph illustrates the trajectory the club has followed over the 54 seasons of BrokenBat, the blue being the DOPE rank & orange being All-Time rank. Hovering over a data point will show a tooltip that includes the year & rank.

hardhat

Oceanview Woods Grizzlies
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
+100 this is awesome!! Very cool
JJNZ

Yakima Monster
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Pretty stoked to be at the top given that I've never been able to defend a title! And 15th all time is pretty incredible too.

Thanks Jayhawker, love your work!
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Nice work :) Did you actually calculate back all that way historically for all the teams? That's a lot of number crunching.

The only issue I can see is that Haverhill peaked in 2032 and its been downhill since then. Please fix my team so they can be champs again 😝 Maybe they need better ownership... ;)
PrivateSnowflake

Bloomington Thunder
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Wow :) Really freakin' awesome!

98 percentile really helps the 'ol ego. Really consistent DOPE ranking the past 10 years, too.

Couldn't push me past JJ in the overall ranking?
Jwrose

Parma Dodgers
V.10

Broken Bat Baseball
For some reason the direct link isn't working for me
Geech

San Luis Obispo Turtles
IV.8

Broken Bat Baseball
It took a long time to load for me, but the link did work.

Thank you so much for doing this. This looks like a major effort and it's awesome. I'm shocked the Turtles are still so close to our peak rating. I think it must just be that our biggest accomplishments haven't aged out of relevance yet.
jclemen2

Mount Prospect Skeletons
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
I love my Mount Prospect (Team ID 541) chart! I took over sometime in 2029 when Mt. Prospect was at 725 for Dope and 741 for the Full Historical rating. As of 2054 we were at 11 and 93. In that range I've had 1 year with a drop, and that was 2052 when we dropped from 11 to 12.

We're still struggling to get back to Legends, but we started in League VI and peaked in Legends and have only relegated once.

Thanks for all the work on this!

Updated Saturday, July 2 2022 @ 9:10:33 am PDT

Previous Page | Show All |