Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> Better to have defense or offense   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Jason2327

Abilene Patriots
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
So if you have to choose for your SS and 2B do you want superb defense or very good offense. Right now I'm in a tough spot with my SS and 2B. Both are great defensive players and both are hitting under .200 which is really hampering the offense. There is a free agent for 2B I could pick up for awhile until my guy in the minors is finally ready to come up. Thoughts?
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
Its hard to say exactly how everything is weighted in the engine. But I generally prioritize defense higher for SS. I still want a capable guy at 2B who isn't going to be booting a lot of balls, but I also want him to be able to hit.
hardhat

Oceanview Woods Grizzlies
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
I think you can trot out your SS Leal without worrying TOO much. He is having an awful offensive season but he does have some power + PD (plus puts the ball in the air) which gives him a decent floor while being a great defender. That is a manageable situation at shortstop.

I would look to upgrade at 2B though.
Ken_Kennilworth

Charleston Hawks
III.2

Broken Bat Baseball
re: defense or offense--what does the AI do?

I had the same problem last year--the AI picked my defensive short stop game after game (started my young developing short stop who had offense, the AI would sub in my veteran defensive guy in the 5th)

this year, after a year of growth by my young shortstop, there has been no substitution by the AI--the offense of the young guy grew as did his defense, although the vet is still better with the glove.

I figured the AI probably knows the programs well enough to make a good choice, or at least one i can accept
Jason2327

Abilene Patriots
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
That's what I was thinking hardhat

Previous Page | Show All |