Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> 2055 Draft Round 3   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
Jerbeetwo

Tyler Goldendoodles
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
A little side story if you all don't mind.....
I was in college as a senior at Mizzou when Trammel and Whitaker got the call up. I was a big time Tigers fan back then living in Troy, MI. Tiger fans had been anticipating their call up for a couple of seasons so when they got called up I had to try to listen to the game. All I had was the AM radio in my 1973 Ford Pinto but since WJR was a superstation back then I gave it a try. I located the station and since it was at night I was able to listen to their first game and their first at bats sitting in my car listening to Ernie Harwell call the game. It was very scratchy and faded in and out a bit but I was able to listen to the whole game from around 650 miles away in Columbia, MO.

And yes Electriceel883 it is a travesty that Sweet Lou Whitaker is not in the HOF. Having watched a lot of his career you don't appreciate him until you have seen him play day in and day out. He was such a well rounded player.
FreddyThe2nd

Tombstone Pistoleros
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
@Jerbeetwo : That's awesome!! Thanks for that one.
But we all know your age now! haha

You have jogged a few memories with that story!
As a child in Nova Scotia I was able to get New York Islanders hockey from Long Island on my AM radio after I went to bed. That made me an Islanders fan during the early years of Bryan Trottier and Mike Bossy. In the summer I could get Expos baseball but in hindsight that may have been a more local station.
Rock777

Haverhill Halflings
III.1

Broken Bat Baseball
From the SS pool??? LOL
He has not played a single game at SS !

Yeah, I was a bit surprised to find him in the SS pool. He actually has NO position... It turns out SS is his highest at 0.4. Kind of sad for a guy with 6 years of experience... So apparently guys can show up in a position pool without a small letter experience if it is their highest position! He's definitely not playing SS with 5 Range, LOL.

Updated Friday, June 3 2022 @ 12:51:07 pm PDT
electriceel883

Irvine Infernos
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
@Freddy: Seen plenty of people in the "SS" pool that had no business being at SS, position knowledge or otherwise lol.

@Jerbeetwo: I loved getting my radio antenna as far out as I could on a cloudy night and trying to get a game signal from far away places! Pretty neat. Always loved the Tigers as a secondary team. Wasnt happy about getting my team swept in the '84 playoffs though haha.
Jason2327

Abilene Patriots
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
@jerbee2

He might hold that 16pot. My guy has held his and his report is a bit less than your guy

ID #265588
GrizzlyDan

Atlanta Braves
IV.2

Broken Bat Baseball
Not bad.

https://brokenbat.org/player/298740
Midas Mulligan

Goldsboro Goldbugs
V.2

Broken Bat Baseball
https://brokenbat.org/player/311203 Decent SS/2B swingman.
Vocc

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
http://brokenbat.org./player/309976

Very excited
JV-Tosshin

Biloxi Thresher Sharks
V.15

Broken Bat Baseball
Getting a lot of so-so prospects this season. Nothing interesting.

Symptomatic, really. Had the worst season start I've ever had. Axed my manager, because the 6 offensive production is probably catching up to me finally. Only the cup is going well.

So of course I also get underwhelming draft picks. Another uninteresting 13 pot outfielder this week. Probably gonna drop to a 12, but we'll see what happens.
electriceel883

Irvine Infernos
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
@JV. At least you have my 2054 #2, Johnny Mayberry, to console you.

Previous Page | Show All |