Discussion Forum

Forum >> Discussions >> 2055 Draft Round 1   Bookmark This Forum Thread

Post ID Date & Time Game Date Function
tamale

Concord Jets
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
I wasn't too into Shelton, but I thought hard about Everett and Forsythe. I agree with you about Everett possibly being a 13, especially based on his training history so far - a case against that would be his slow SI development so far. Forsythe I think is a candidate to go the other way with his POT, and he wouldn't project too well as a 12 especially being underdeveloped already.

In the end, I felt that all of them would need a boost in their outlook to project well, and I thought Lawrence offered the best chance. He's the youngest guy and showed good SI growth so far, and has the best control projection of any of the pitchers. I've been careful not to discount the pop/stamina scouting report - one of the greatest pitchers of all-time had that. Of course Lawrence will never turn into that, and there's a good chance he's nothing (his stats certainly aren't great). But the other guys could easily be nothing as well...
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
I would have gone with Forsythe.

I'm more concerned about his FB than his growth. Think he will fill out ok. But worried his vel is already mostly dead. Guys with vel that low tend to get BABIP'd pretty hard.

Given that, I can see Lawrence as the pick. I'm more worried about his amateur performance than his scouting.
Jerbeetwo

Tyler Goldendoodles
IV.3

Broken Bat Baseball
I agree with everything you said and I have one question. If you knew Shelton's Power would be a 19 or 20 would your opinion change? That is what made me like him even without a hit comment. If Power could go to there and being a 15 maybe PD and BC go high too I thought I could overlook a lower BA and live with him at 3B.
Kittens-B-Us

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
Last season I went with draft pools, this season I went looking for a SS so selected it. I haven't seen enough drafts to know Good or bad boards but think I did alright with this selection. http://brokenbat.org/player/290944

Updated Friday, May 20 2022 @ 9:00:29 am PDT
electriceel883

Irvine Infernos
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Good pick. Anyone who can play middle infield and also has hit comment can help your team.
electriceel883

Irvine Infernos
III.3

Broken Bat Baseball
Good pick. Anyone who can play middle infield and also has hit comment can help your team.
Ouija7

Inactive

Broken Bat Baseball
http://brokenbat.org/player/309720

Had a gd board 2 switch hitting 14pot outfielders but went with the 12 pot pitcher hopefully with plenty of potential
Seca

Waterloo Dinosaurs
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
Haugen looks solid.
NotGood88

Prattville Black Cats
II.2

Broken Bat Baseball
After Gibbons was so succesful last year, went international again. Ended up with a pretty disappointing selection in Meijer, who will at least be able to meet fellow Dutchman De Smey before the latter coasts into the sunset.
jclemen2

Mount Prospect Skeletons
Legends

Broken Bat Baseball
I feel like I've used a lot of early picks on pitchers and never had a potential ace like this. 16 potential, unhittable fastball, major league slider, starting pitcher stamina. Thrilled with this 19 year old 63 overall: Carlos Cano

First 2 spring training starts have been promising!!!

Previous Page | Show All |